• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stuck in "Waiting ..." trying to burn ImageFile

fucema

I opened a support request but I thought I would try posting for help here also. I saw some related threads but they had no answers.

The Imagefile I am trying to burn is Kubuntu v7.10, an ISO file. This is an open-source Linux OS for those unfamiliar with the name.

Here are the rough steps I perform.

1 Select "Write from ImageFile"
2 "Browse" to folder and select ISO image of Kubuntu
3 Place blank CDR in writer and close tray
5 Press "Next"
6 Dialogue appears "Waiting for LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S..."

Program waits indefinitely while the waiting dialogue spins.

I do not have ANY other CD/DVD burning software installed. I have used RegistryBooster2 to clean and remove old registry keys. I have also uninstalled Slysoft software, rebooted, cleaned registry, rebooted, and reinstalled -- still does not get past the "Waiting..." dialogue.

In the past I have used Nero Essentials to successfully burn this exact image file to CD, but I preferred CloneCD from past experience.

I cannot get beyond this point. Please help!

Following is information displayed by CloneCD in Step 1:
Info on Image File:
Number of sessions: 1
Size used on Disc: 819841 kBytes
Sectors: 356938
Time: 79:19:13 (Min:Sec:Fra)

Info on Session 1:
Size used in Session: 819841 kBytes
Number of Tracks: 1
Track 1: Data Mode 1, Size: 819841 kBytes

Update: It seems like the drive will not detect ANY media inserted into the tray.

Blank CDs, audio discs, movies... nothing gets detected.

Windows reports everything is ok with the hardware and the drivers.

I am at a complete and total loss here, any help is appreciated.

Have you check that the "hide cd-r"'s option is disabled ?

Run CloneCD tray, right clic on the icon next to the o'clock (bottom right of the screen), and clic on "hide cd-r" only if a 'v' is write before the option.

1. What version of Clonecd are you running?

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

3. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.
If you don't know how to go about doing this, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

4. What blank media are you using?

For cd-rs use
Maxell Pro CD-Rs (These are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating. Never use regular Maxells.)
Verbatim DatalifePlus CD-Rs
Taiyo Yuden

If you're not using these, then chances are you're using junk blank media and should expect problems.

If you're using Memorex, Princo, etc., don't post to say how you've never had problems with these in the past, please. They should be avoided. If you use inferior quality blank media then you should expect problems.

5. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)

6. a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

OR

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Do not start randomly deleting filters, please.

All fixed.

I don't know what the original problem or root cause was, but I used Windows System Restore to get back to an earlier state (2 days ago).

My problems started when I uninstalled Nero 7 Essentials, and some other CDR/W related software (like CDEX, Handbrake).

After performing this restore, I removed the same software as earlier - this time being careful to uninstall and reboot once for each software before moving onto the next. I also used Nero's General Cleaning tool.

All is good now, and I can report that my drive is reading and writing discs properly.

For anyone else who runs into a similar problem, I would advise rolling back using Windows System Restore, and then carefully removing/uninstalling/cleaning software one at a time, with a reboot between each. A blessing and a voodoo dance might not hurt either. :p

Thanks for helpful responses.

Back