Streaming HD-DVD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Eyedoctor2, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Eyedoctor2

Eyedoctor2 Member

Okay- with the release of HD-DVD we will be able to rip HD-DVD content to our hard drives.

Most if not all video cards don't have component out so the only way I can think of to view the HD-DVD content would be by streaming.

Is there any way at this time to stream HD-DVD from hard drive to Xbox 360 to playback on HDTV?

Thanks!

2. newagenick

newagenick New Member

It's Simple

Once you copy the movie to your hard drive you take a dvi to hdmi cable or a straight dvi cable(Cable depends and how new the hdtv is) and hook itfrom your computer to your tv.

3. Eyedoctor2

Eyedoctor2 Member

Options

Two problems with that approach for me and probably for a lot of others

1) TV and computer are pretty far away from each other and those cables can be really expensive

2) TV has component in, so not only do I need a long cable but I need an adapter- big bucks

Best solutions:

a) Streaming HD-DVD to XBox 360 connected to TV

or

b) Burn HD-DVD to DVD-9 by spliting HD-DVD into two or more DVD-9 discs without compression (and so maintaining quality).

Problem- to my knowledge technology for neither of these exists today.

But here's hoping that somebody, perhaps somebody here, makes it possible in the future.

4. Androo79

Androo79 Well-Known Member

You would need a wired gigabit connection to stream to an xbox 360 equipped TV. Wireless will not cut it.

Most people will need to build a new PC since most current ones are not powerful enough. Then put said PC next to TV and get a $10 DVI to HDMI cable.

5. Eyedoctor2

Eyedoctor2 Member

You can stream both mpg2 and WM9 without a wired connection so perhaps there is hope that HD-DVD can also be streamed. Probably only a matter of converting the HD-DVD material to mpg2 then streaming.

6. ChiefNuts

ChiefNuts Member

Well, Converting VC-1 to MPEG 2 in HD results in a huge mb/s rate. Your best bet at streaming would leave it in it's current format.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  7. mick2006

mick2006 Well-Known Member

Is there a media extender out there that can handle streaming the ripped video?