• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Streaming HD-DVD

Eyedoctor2

Okay- with the release of HD-DVD we will be able to rip HD-DVD content to our hard drives.

Most if not all video cards don't have component out so the only way I can think of to view the HD-DVD content would be by streaming.

Is there any way at this time to stream HD-DVD from hard drive to Xbox 360 to playback on HDTV?

Thanks!

It's Simple

Once you copy the movie to your hard drive you take a dvi to hdmi cable or a straight dvi cable(Cable depends and how new the hdtv is) and hook itfrom your computer to your tv.

Options

Two problems with that approach for me and probably for a lot of others

1) TV and computer are pretty far away from each other and those cables can be really expensive

2) TV has component in, so not only do I need a long cable but I need an adapter- big bucks

Best solutions:

a) Streaming HD-DVD to XBox 360 connected to TV

or

b) Burn HD-DVD to DVD-9 by spliting HD-DVD into two or more DVD-9 discs without compression (and so maintaining quality).

Problem- to my knowledge technology for neither of these exists today.

But here's hoping that somebody, perhaps somebody here, makes it possible in the future.

You would need a wired gigabit connection to stream to an xbox 360 equipped TV. Wireless will not cut it.

Most people will need to build a new PC since most current ones are not powerful enough. Then put said PC next to TV and get a $10 DVI to HDMI cable.

You can stream both mpg2 and WM9 without a wired connection so perhaps there is hope that HD-DVD can also be streamed. Probably only a matter of converting the HD-DVD material to mpg2 then streaming.

Well, Converting VC-1 to MPEG 2 in HD results in a huge mb/s rate. Your best bet at streaming would leave it in it's current format.

Last edited:
Is there a media extender out there that can handle streaming the ripped video?

Back