• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Streaming AC-3/6 to Xbox via Vista MC

PBRStreetGang01

I have an issue streaming Mpeg2 from Vista Media Center to my Xbox360 encoded with Dolby AC-3/6. It runs fine using using Dolby AC-3/2

The audio will not play on the xbox. It will play locally on the Vista Media server though.

I thought I read that the Xbox 360 only plays Dolby AC-3/2

Then I read that Dolby AC-3/6 is backwards compatable.

Very confusing. This would really suck for the fact that I would have to encode the movie twice one for my Xbox 360 and one for media center so I could take advantage of the 6 channel sound.

Any ideas??

My Setup

Sun Ultra 20 Running Vista Ultimate with My Movies

Hava Pro HD

Xbox 360 Elite

Mpeg backup software: Clone DVD mobile and Video Redo +

Not supported

According to Microsoft's website 6 Channel isn't supported for MPEG4.
http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/2007/05/09/spring-07-video-playback-faq.aspx The only thing I could think of is use a portable hard drive and connect it to the Xbox with the movie file on it. I've used encode 360 and I've never been able to get 6 channels to work.

What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for MPEG-4 Part 2?

Xbox 360 supports the following for MPEG-4:

· File Extensions: .mp4, .m4v, .mp4v, .mov

· Containers: MPEG-4, QuickTime

· Video Profiles: Simple (including Simple profile content mislabeled as Advanced Simple)

· Video Bitrate: 5 Mbps with resolutions of 1280 x 720 at 30fps. See question number 6 for more information.

· Audio Profiles: 2 channel AAC low complexity (LC)

· Audio Max Bitrate: No restrictions. See question number 6 for more information.

Back