• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stream Ripped Hd Movies

tek7250

Does anybody know how to stream HD movies that have been ripped to the hard drive. I was wondering if a product like Mvix Wireless HD Media Center would work. Any Ideas?

Does anybody know how to stream HD movies that have been ripped to the hard drive. I was wondering if a product like Mvix Wireless HD Media Center would work. Any Ideas?

I use Window XP or Vista with on a DLink 1 Gb network and network drives mapped to the local computer. It works well, along with other network traffic, as long as other users are not using a lot of bandwidth.

As far as I know, this is the only way to stream HD to PowerDVD Ultra across a network.

make sure you map the drives, a 100mb network card will also work

If you are talking about streaming to your television you are very limited. I have the Tvix 4100 which can stream MPEG2 encoded Blu Rays, but studders with VC-1 and MPEG4 content. There is also another media streamer device that just came out in China (Tomarco?? something or other). You can find it on AVS forum. I don't know its capabilities yet. It runs around $500 and is very difficult to get ahold of. It uses the same processor chip as the Tvix 4100, so I wouldn't think it would be able to do any more than the Tvix, but can't say for sure. I have heard that later this year or early next year Tvix will be coming out with a much more powerful unit designed for streaming higher bit rate material (I do know that mine can stream at least 30-35mbps since "Click" is a very high bit rate blu ray rip).

Back