• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stream Initialization Failed. I cannot proceed with the download.

This is the error I'm now getting, two dump files attached.

Could not initialize download channels. Download aborted.

That pops up in a second window after the above error.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.3.1_Dump_20201003164615.astdmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.0.3.1_Dump_20201004144130.astdmp
    762.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like this may be VPN related, I'm using ExpressVPN, I disconnect and it seems to work, although not always, so probably something to look into at least. I'm using 1.0.3.1.

It's logical, not all VPNs work, see if that VPN lets you watch that video on CHROME

The log clearly states there is a connection problem. Do you have any problems without VPN?

Without VPN it seems to be working correctly. Yes, ExpressVPN lets me watch the show in Chrome. So hopefully that helps you all with this product, it shows amazing promise.

I know it's been a while since you posted but I am using ExpressVPN and up until a reboot just now, I was able to download from Netflix & Amazon OK.
I don't know what could be the problem other than I have just installed AVG Internet Security. So, it seems that I will have to check the settings to see if AVG is blocking Anystream as I know ExpressVPN is not.

[EDIT]
I've included a log file for viewing.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.0.astlog
    266.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I think I've figured out what the problem is.
I've had the problem with Amazon Prime Video when using ExpressVPN and certain locations.
It's just a case of trying each location to see if you can download a film/series.

Back