• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Strange happenings since 6.1.0.7

huxtable

I have been having problems with AnyDVD/1ClickDVD ever since I upgraded to 6.1.0.7. I have been trying to get the issues resolved at CDfreaks and Afterdark with no success. In short, I was experiencing the "disabled" drive problem whenver I backed up DVD. I installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled various betas after 6.1.0.7, and still was able to get the problem fixed. However, I able to successful burn with DFDCrypter and Shrinkit 2.3 the entire time. The original DVDs are recognized correctly, as are previously burned DVDs.

Fast forward to now. I completely uninstalled 1ClickDVD and AnyDVD, and reinstalled 1ClickDVD (5.1.1.3) and AnyDVD (6.1.1.4). Both are registered copies. I am using Memorex 16DVD+r media, and Memorex DVD (16X-DDL-ILO), Windows XP.

I able to burn two DVDs (Clerks II and WordPlay). However, when I attempted a third DVD (Prince Rave UN2 the 2000), I began having the same problem. The original DVD is recognized, and it appears to successful burn in 1ClickDVD (no errors), however, when I reinsert the copy, the DVD is not playable on PC or DVD player, and AnyDVD reports "No disc in drive". I was able to backup the same DVD with DVDDecrypter and Shrinkit 2.3, and I no longer able to to successful any DVDs with AnyDVD/1ClickDVD.

This has become very frustrating. I never had any problems with AnyDVD/1ClickDVD until 6.1.0.7, and I don't understand why I cannot get it work consistently. Even more puzzling, I do not have a problem with DVDDecrypter and Shrinkit

Should I do something extra when I uninstall to make sure I getting a fresh installation? Any suggestions?

Mark

Sorry if I wasn't clear on my post. I have been having problems since 6.1.0.7, and I included the history, but you'll notice in the second paragraph, I did upgrade to latest version of AnyDVD (6.1.1.4) and 1ClickDVD (5.1.1.3)

I would seriously consider obtaining different media, Memorex is usually not the most reliable media to use for burning. Get a box of Verbatim Dataplus or TY discs, they are the most reliable.

Best of luck.

I also have a Memorex 16X-DDL-IN with v1.A4 firmware. I use AnyDVD with 1Click DVDCopy 5 and CloneDVD2. I was not able to make a back-up with AnyDVD v6.1.1.3 but was with v6.1.1.4 and 1Click or CloneDVD. There was a new version of 1Click that came out today. It is now v5.1.1.4. Make sure you have the v1.A4 firmware and the newest 1Click version. There may have been a problem since the newest version came out so quick after the other.

mmdavis,

Still could be the media. I used both versions and had no problems with either, of course, I wasn't attempting Saw III.

I will try new media when my cartridge is depleted. However, I don't that's the issue. I have no problems burning with DVDDecryper and Shrinkit 2.3, using the same media.

Also, regarding firmware upgrades, firmware 1.4A is for Memorex (16x-DDL-IN). I have a Memorex ((16X-DDL-ILO), and there is not a firmware upgrade available on the Memorex website.

Mark

Back