• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Storage

Err, we are talking terabytes here ...
Where I live, S3 Standard costs me 2,45 Cent per Gigabyte per month ... I currently have (only) 6 TB of video data, which would sum up to 1764 Bucks per year ... no thanks!
And that does not even include the fee of 9 cent per GB, if I transfer more than 100GB per month (outgoing) so if I needed a restore of all my data, that would be around 500 Bucks o_O
you are right S3 is highly cost but it is very reliable and secured , finally it depends on your budget :)

That might make some sense for normal files although I would argue there are simpler and more cost effective ways to do this. But in the context of media I think that is a bad idea given the cost and if you consider the risk of pulling titles from AP with AS and storing them on S3, well that seems like a bad idea to me. Just my take on that.
For me, our company can afford this cost, as I said it depends on the available budget, and there are many other cloud services that are affordably priced, they can be taken into consideration like Dropbox and IDrive.

Testing ios 16.2@iphone 14 pro max

Don,t known how is going

My 2 cents

Respect All Redfox members and all members

I just bought a couple of these for doing external backups for my NAS and the accessing all drives backing up my AnyDVD rips and AnyStream downloads:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TV1XPDD

It got rid of a rats nest of cables, enclosures and smaller docking stations.

I keep all my external drives in these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714BK6RX

Or, on a more limited budget, I've been using one of these since 2020, reliable, no issues.
Syba 8 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappabe 2.5" 3.5" SATA Non Raid External USB 3.0 Enclosure SY-ENC50119 (amazon.com)

Or, on a more limited budget, I've been using one of these since 2020, reliable, no issues.
Syba 8 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappabe 2.5" 3.5" SATA Non Raid External USB 3.0 Enclosure SY-ENC50119 (amazon.com)

I was looking at that, but went with the Sabrent instead. So far, I'm please with it. I'm currently stress-testing it. When I get a new piece of hardware that affects my data, I like to beat the crap out of it.

I once bought a USB hub that would fail on about 1 bit out of every terabyte. The company thought that was acceptable. I don't find any data corruption acceptable.

Back