• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stopping CD protection?

tehloxely

I've been using this program for some time now and I love it. I just reading the website and whatnot and I noticed that it says that AnyDVD has:

"Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs".

I have a protected cd and I would like to back it up so I don't wreck the original. The cd is: "DJ Quicksilver - Clubfiles: The album". It says its Copy Controlled (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_control).

So my question is, AnyDVD is or isn't supposed to stop this kind of protection? If not, will it be incorporated in further releases?

-teh

That is exactly what I use. I have the setup off of this page: http://jiggafellz.isa-geek.net/eac/. I'm using the latest version of both EAC, the LAME encoder, and AnyDVD. It starts to copy the first track and about 1/8th into the song it just stops. It does that for every track.

It starts to copy the first track and about 1/8th into the song it just stops. It does that for every track.

When you insterted the disc, did it autoplay? Did you have Anydvd running at the time?

Eject and reload the disc. Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while loading the disc in.

In answer to your question, I have no idea whether Anydvd is supposed to help with this cd.

Exactaudiocopy has an English forum here:
http://www.digital-inn.de/forum14/

Try asking about your issue there, and see what they say.

Last edited:
Any release after EAC version 0.95 beta 3 will not retrieve the native TOC. The author never got in legal trouble but the issue was debated publicly so it was removed. The latest current release is 0.95 beta 4.

Try getting a hold of EAC 0.95 beta 3 and seeing if you can get it to work.

I've held the Shift key down so it doesn't autorun and I actually turned off the autorun feature. I also tried the older version of EAC and still nothing. I will check out that forum as well though.

Will you guys be stopping Copy Control anytime?

Last edited:
Also, if you say you are stopping copy potection. How come this wasn't incorporated?

Also, if you say you are stopping copy potection. How come this wasn't incorporated?

When you right-click over the setting in AnyDVD:

This option allows you to play, copy and rip protected Audio CDs.

What it does is cache the TOC (Table of Contents) of the media.

If AnyDVD detects an Audio CD, it modify the TOC to represent a valid, Red-Book Audio CD. Illegal Start and Stop timings are corrected and additional sessions deleted. If player software or the Operating System requests the TOC, it will get the cached TOC from AnyDVD.

Note:
This feature does not work with all protections and not with all drives! If this feature is enabled, Multimedia content on Audio CDs will not be available.

I have yet to have it not work when I backed up any protected Audio CDs. I don't think it's been updated since it was added to AnyDVD. So if the protection goes beyond what was listed above then AnyDVD just won't work on it.

I have yet to have it not work when I backed up any protected Audio CDs. I don't think it's been updated since it was added to AnyDVD. So if the protection goes beyond what was listed above then AnyDVD just won't work on it.

Will it ever get worked on, so it does work?

Will it ever get worked on, so it does work?

I have no idea. Maybe James or Peer will have an answer.

On a side note, have you tried to make a 1:1 backup of the original with CloneCD? I'm not saying it'll work for sure but it might.

I know that that feature does not work on all CDs and all drives. Have a look through the audio copy-protection forums on CDFreaks and you'll see that some drives work better than others.

I have tried using every trick in the book (that I know of) to backup a copy of The Living End but the damn protection pretty much freezes up my computer and locks the drive. I really, really hate audio copy-protection.

They are saying on the boards that this drive bypasses it, because it's so old and doesn't have the fimware that detects the protection.

"Yamaha CRW F1 (appears to read all copy protections and all versions of the copy protections, also the older and more harder versions)."

But I still think that if AnyDVD or Slysoft advertises that it can [in fact] stop cd audio protection, it should be implemented.

Back