• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sting - Brand New Day (DVD-Audio)

regeli99

Hi!

Been using AnyDVD and DVD Audio Extractor for over a year to backup my entire DVD-Audio disc collection and new ones I bought in the latest. Except of the format is "dead", the sound quality is still superb.

There is one disc is received last week I'm struggling with to backup, Sting - Brand New Day (DVD-Audio).

Log from AnyDVD:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.3.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2034693 sectors (3974 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: STING_BRAND_NEW_DAY
Media is CSS protected!
Media is region free.
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

When I start the DVD Audio Extractor copying, it finish in 1-2 seconds and all files are corrupt.
No errors in DVD AE, not sure if there are other programs to try to copy with?

Really strange, since I've been able to copy over 300 DVD-A discs the last year and particular this one is tricky for some reason. A quick search on Google and I can see others also having trouble, but there are no how to guide posted.

Last edited:
DVD Audio Extractor
How do you copy it? Do you run the program directly on the disc?
If yes, maybe it will help to copy the disc first and then use it onto the iso or folder structure.
I think this was a hint or solution in a previous thread the past days.

If this will not help, provide a logfile as Ch3vr0n said.

I've now tried Rip to Image method with AnyDVD and CSS protection removed.
Image loaded with Deamon tools, but the same error, DVD AE start copy, but finish in like one seconds and says successfull.

I have also attached the log file.
I'm just interested to extract the WAV files from the disc like I've done with all other discs, so maybe I can try another extractor tool?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.3.0_Info_D_STING_BRAND_NEW_DAY.ziplog
    60.8 KB · Views: 1
I've now tried Rip to Image method with AnyDVD and CSS protection removed.
Image loaded with Deamon tools, but the same error, DVD AE start copy, but finish in like one seconds and says successfull.

I have also attached the log file.
I'm just interested to extract the WAV files from the disc like I've done with all other discs, so maybe I can try another extractor tool?
If you could, please trial CloneCD to see if you can make an ISO of the DVD-Audio that you have.

:)

Making an ISO with CloneCD no issue.
After loading ISO in Deamon Tools, I can easily see that there is no copy protection anymore.
DVD AE is still the same behaviour, so I might need to try a alternative extraction tool.

Back