• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Still probs with Saw 3

mikeinpgh

I read the other responses to the Saw 3 burning problems, I downloaded the newest versions of both Clovedvd and Anydvd and I still am getting a data error at 10% (like the other writer did) which reads "data error: cyclic redundancy check".

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

A cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is a type of hash function used to produce a checksum – a small, fixed number of bits – against a block of data, such as a packet of network traffic or a block of a computer file. The checksum is used to detect errors after transmission or storage. A CRC is computed and appended before transmission or storage, and verified afterwards by the recipient to confirm that no changes occurred on transit. CRCs are popular because they are simple to implement in binary hardware, are easy to analyze mathematically, and are particularly good at detecting common errors caused by noise in transmission channels.

I read the other responses to the Saw 3 burning problems, I downloaded the newest versions of both Clovedvd and Anydvd and I still am getting a data error at 10% (like the other writer did) which reads "data error: cyclic redundancy check".

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

That would suggest a problem reading the actual data on the disc - you might want to try another source disc or at least run VSO INSPECTOR against your source disc.

If VSO flags any errors I would suspect a bad source disc.

Back