• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Still having ongoing problems with AS 1150...

lajoes

I'm still have a problem with AS1140 & 1150 on my 64bit laptop. It is has updated Win10 a couple of days ago to version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1052 w/Windows Features Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0. Also, Chrome is updated to v 91.0.4472.101.

Sidebar: On my 11 year old ASUS G75V, i73610QM, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 670M 2/3GB RAM, Win7 Ultimate w/Service Pack 1, running AS 1150 32 bit, no problems, rarely crashes or hangs up.

I've posted this problem before, but never fully eliminated the problem. Therefore, in order for me to keep my sanity I'd like to start a fresh post....

Here's some of the things I've done since those posts:

- disabled the AV firewall.

- disabled the AV

- changed to several different AV's - and ran complete AV & Malware checks w/nothing found

- ran without an AV

- uninstalled and reinstalled AS on different drives instead of it's default C

I'm frustrated, miffed and perplexed by these constant crashes and hang-ups. When AS crashes/hangs, I can not create a log file to document it. Once AS has started DL'ing, most of the time, if I click on File to create a log, it will hang up. Or, if I want to change from AP to NF tabs, it'll hang too. Or the pop up window wont open.

I'm attaching screen shots of AS with Task Manager showing. In some of the shots, you can see where the entire shot is greyed out. Also, in the screen shots, you'll notice that in some of them, there is a red "not responding" and others none.

Also, I've noticed that I now have several installs of MS Visual C++ year Distribution (x64) installed now. I don't know if they're from past install/uninstall of AS or not....

My head is spinning trying to figure this out :rockingchair: and I'd appreciate any advice to help guide me to ending this. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• Screenshot (83) drive c.png
    Screenshot (83) drive c.png
    487 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (84) drive c.png
    Screenshot (84) drive c.png
    485.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (85) drive c.png
    Screenshot (85) drive c.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (96) drive d.png
    Screenshot (96) drive d.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (95) drive d.png
    Screenshot (95) drive d.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot (92) drive d.png
    Screenshot (92) drive d.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot (91) drive d.png
    Screenshot (91) drive d.png
    365.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Once AS has started DL'ing, most of the time, if I click on File to create a log, it will hang up.
Two very important things:
  1. there have been two betas since v1.1.5.0, did you try 1.1.5.2? 1.1.5.2 also has more useful log files.
  2. Whenever a program hangs and becomes unresponsive, you can open the taskmanager (details tab), rightclick on the hanging application and select "create dump file". That helps enormously when trying to identify such a hang.
I'm still have a problem with AS1140 & 1150 on my 64bit laptop. It is has updated Win10 a couple of days ago to version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1052 w/Windows Features Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0. Also, Chrome is updated to v 91.0.4472.101.
Your browser version is irrelevant, AnyStream is entirely self-contained and doesn't rely on any other software.
The way it looks from your screenshot, the hangs are pretty much always during video postprocessing. Is that correct? With large videos, this can take a while, especially if your drive is not SSD. Or if it's an external USB drive without write cache.

According to the signature there are 3 Samsung M.2 SSDs, which are very fast ...

Thanks for the info about right clicking and creating a "dump file" in Task Manager! I just learned something new there.

I've seen some posts about 1152 but haven't seen a link to it.

I know from previous post about this that the browser is irrelevant, but I posted that because I saw some things about "qtwebengine" being a Chrome something or other...and AS is Chrome based....

Once again, thanks for that nugget about Task Manager!

Oh, Pete, forgot to mention about the hang-ups: AS would hang-up, i.e., stop responding, mostly during the DL phase. If it happens at the post processing phase, sometimes it'll finish, but after 30 mins or so, I know from experience that it is not going to finish.

Here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-beta-1-1-5-2.81412/

I know from previous post about this that the browser is irrelevant, but I posted that because I saw some things about "qtwebengine" being a Chrome something or other...and AS is Chrome based....
Yes, I can see how that causes confusion.
It's not entirely correct even.
AS is "Chromium" based, which is an open-source browsing engine. "Chrome" itself is also based on that.
But also AnyStream mimics Chrome or Firefox browsers.
But does it all by itself, therefore your installed browser doesn't matter.

Oh, Pete, forgot to mention about the hang-ups: AS would hang-up, i.e., stop responding, mostly during the DL phase. If it happens at the post processing phase, sometimes it'll finish, but after 30 mins or so, I know from experience that it is not going to finish.
Yes, wait for it to happen and create one of those dump files.
(wait at least 5 minutes just to be sure, you're not creating a dump file of the actual, legit video file processing, that would be useless - it needs to be a genuine hang)

Thanks for that additional advice Pete.

Thanks for that additional advice Pete.
Ok, there's one more: if it feels better to you, zip the dump file and then post it in a PM to me.

Our crash dumps, that AnyStream generates itself, are encrypted. Taskmanager won't encrypt.
There's usually nothing really personal in them, but it's hard to really know, after all it's a dump of a live application.
Especially your passwords are not expected to be in there, perhaps unless you logged in manually during that exact session.
So - usually it's not a problem, but I do always feel a tiny bit uncomfortable, when "normal" crash dumps are being posted in the forum.

I see @Pete provided you with the link already, however it's important to note that the latest beta - when available - will be located near the top of the main AnyStream Forum page.

upload_2021-6-14_19-24-24.png
It is has updated Win10 a couple of days ago to version 21H1
Sorry you're having so much trouble with AS + Win10. I see you did the UPGRADE path instead of a clean install.
Have you had a chance to run any system maintenance and diagnostics on your system yet?

I'm not sure who it was, but they were using multiple AV products, and CCleaner on their system. Do neither of those things; CCleaner will mess up your system. Those who claim otherwise know nothing about the registry and how that tool works.

You can disregard the Speedtest, but if you haven't benchmarked your drives, then give CrystalDiskMark a shot. Speed will not be your issue with your drives, but any bad sectors will cause you lots of intermediate issues, so definitely go through the first four items in that list at least. It's good practice if you're not already familiar with performing those tasks.

Good luck! (y)

hello friends on your screens it looks like you have two anystream sessions at the same time, just one session is needed

edit : to solve the problem quickly restart your pc then right click on the shortcut and run in admin then Yes ...wait .. profit :D

Last edited:
Also, in the screen shots, you'll notice that in some of them, there is a red "not responding" and others none.

I was just looking at your screenshots, and that’s something I see often during the “post processing”. Mine actually takes longer because my media goes right to my NAS. When using my local drive, it’s much faster.

I’m not sure if AS can be improved for the “post processing” aspect, because that seems like it will be different for each persons specific system. However, I’m sure the DEV TEAM might want to still look into it to determine if there’s anything they can do on their end.

it looks like you have two anystream sessions at the same time

Hi @albertle5ieme,

I know it appears he’s running two sessions, but it’s just one that he’s expanded. You can’t run two instances unless it’s run under a different account... which is what you suggested in your edit.

Personally, I’ve never ran two instances, but I don’t think that will improve his performance issues.

As for a restart, I would just recommend ending the process tree to avoid the need for a restart. However, the Not Responding during the “post processing” is normal for me, and some take longer than others due to quality and file sizes.

Many early users - including myself - I think have come to learn that using AS requires a bit of patience on our end... within reason of course.(y)

Back