• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Still creating faulty isos

Automatix

I'm really loosing my patience with this program. Bought it right after its release and still haven‘t been able to create one single working BD!

Latest issue: The shrinking process (BD 25, default settings) seems to run smoothly, no error message appears (therefore no log), but when I try to load the created iso, Any DVD (newest version) gives an error message asking me to check up the status window. And there the following message is displayed (in this case referring to Ender's Game):
Total size: 11141760 sectors (21761 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ENDERS GAME
Media is not AACS protected.
Added speedmenu!
MFR: File 00018.m2ts is too big! Sectors available: 99, Sectors required: 156
ERROR: MFR failed for 00018.m2ts -> C:\Users\Axel\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyDVD_tmp\AnyFCA8.tmp!
FEHLER bei der Bearbeitung der Blu-ray Disc!

I risked to burn this iso with ImgBurn anyway, but, of course, the disk does not work.

Can anyone help?

That's not a CloneBD error. As such CloneBD is working just fine. That's an anydvd error and a pretty straightforward error. you're trying to add speedmenu to a disc that's been previously decrypted by anydvd.

That doesn't work, speedmenu needs to be added DURING decryption. Once decryption had been done, usually out can't be added anymore hence the error. In rare cases it can be done afterwards but usually it can't.

Neither CloneBD nor anydvd are to blame here, you're just trying to do something that can't be done due to disc already being decrypted.

Add the speedmenu FIRST (and if you want to, tick the box that will allow use of the original menu too) on the original disc when you rip the original, THEN process the rip with CloneBD.

Technically everything is working as it should.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thank you for your quick answer, Ch3vr0n. And I apologize, if I’m being too naive, but there is one thing I still don’t understand: If the issue is an AnyDVD related issue, shouldn’t the disk created work in a stand alone player? Which it doesn’t?

It likely doesn't work because you had anydvd trying to do something that isn't possible and damage the CloneBD produced output.

As I said, the speedmenu needs to be added DURING decryption. Once the disc is decrypted it's no longer possible. As you can see in the message there's more sectors needed than their address available.

The rip created by anydvd should work and the rip created by CloneBD should work. Rip the original WITH speedmenu and that should work fine too.

You're just trying to have anydvd do something that just ain't possible because the disc has been previously decrypted. If you want speedmenu you need to use it on the ORIGINAL disc (or a PROTECTED ISO)

It likely doesn't work because you had anydvd trying to do something that isn't possible and damage the CloneBD produced output.

As I said, the speedmenu needs to be added DURING decryption. Once the disc is decrypted it's no longer possible. As you can see in the message there's more sectors needed than their address available.

The rip created by anydvd should work and the rip created by CloneBD should work. Rip the original WITH speedmenu and that should work fine too.

You're just trying to have anydvd do something that just ain't possible because the disc has been previously decrypted. If you want speedmenu you need to use it on the ORIGINAL disc (or a PROTECTED ISO)

Thanks again for the information, Ch3vr0n. I'll try the recommended changes and report again.

Indeed a silly mistake on my side. When selecting the iso created with AnyDVD in order to compress it, I used „BD“ in the Clone BD source-menu instead of „Iso“. So thanks for your helpful recommendation, Ch3vr0n.

Less delightful: Whereas the program in spite of the wrong settings at least created a complete – if faulty – iso, now, with settings changed as noted, it crashed again. (Bug report is on its way.)

So I’m still waiting for my first disk successfully created with Clone-BD.
Until then, I suppose I’ll have to stick with BD-Rebuilder, which runs smoothly on my system.

You don't get it, the type of output doesn't matter. If you burn first, folder output you turn into ISO yourself or have CloneBD output to ISO won't change the fact that the output is decrypted. Neither does the type of source matter, ripped folder, ISO or disc.

So I'll say again, the anydvd speedmenu can only be applied correctly during decryption of either an original disc or PROTECTED ISO.

Once the source is decrypted (type doesn't matter), the speedmenu can no longer be applied. THAT is where you are going wrong. Again, you're trying to have anydvd do something that isn't possible and blame it on anydvd/CloneBD. Neither of them are at fault here.

So I'll say again, the anydvd speedmenu can only be applied correctly during decryption of either an original disc or PROTECTED ISO.

I never knew that before.

The version of Ender's Game that I have was screenpass protected and I was able to back it up unprotected with full menus several months ago with the AnyDVDHD version that was available at the time.
I can load it with the current AnyDVDHD and set forced speedmenus and it works fine on the PC with no errors. But Jupiter Ascending throws a very similar error that Automatix is seeing with forced speedmenus but works fine with speedmenus disabled. So speedmenus seems to be hit and miss with unprotected backups.

Obviously forcing speedmenus with this one is causing problems for Automatix. Not sure why he/she would even enable speedmenus using CloneBD unless it's not a fully resolved screenpass protected version.
An AnyDVDHD logfile of the original disk with speedmenus disabled might help.

Last edited:
There's a slim chance it works on decrypted discs, but the only way it'll work guaranteed is during the decryption phase

Back