• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Step by step guide from start to finish please?

Deusfaux

So I have the 360 drive.

I use sly soft anydvd HD, right click the tray icon and tell it to rip the disc to my HDD.

I then use powerdvd ultra 7.3 to open the directory where the movie was ripped to.

Is it that simple?

Can someone give me configuration tips to get the best out of my movie watching experience?

How can you tell what resolution the video is at with PowerDVD? it seems you can stretch the window to all sorts of values or hit fullscreen? What if I just want 1080P exactly and no more or less? How can I tell I'm even getting a 1080P signal right now and not something less or limited?

I have an X-Fi platinum with Logi Z5500's. Whats the best sound experience I can get from HDDVD and how would I configure it in PowerDVD? there are a few different options? For example there is no 5.1 option, and various other audio options that I'm not sure what they do. I have 3 cable analog from my x-fi to speakers currently, but have the front bay expansion and optical cabling if needed.

Can I enable HW acceleration? Currently have an ATI X1900XTX, but can't seem to get it enabled. I also have a Dell 3007 and apparently in the past either with an old version of PowerDVD or old video drivers maybe it wasnt possible to watch anything without distortion with the desktop set to 2560x1600. That seems to have gone away.

There might be other things good for me to know... any tips are appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
So I have the 360 drive.

I use sly soft anydvd HD, right click the tray icon and tell it to rip the disc to my HDD.

I then use powerdvd ultra 7.3 to open the directory where the movie was ripped to.

Is it that simple?

Someone else will be better suited to answer your other questions, but if you just want to watch the movie, you don't need to rip first. You just need Anydvd HD running in the background, and the original disc in your drive.

Can I run from the disc even without having an HDCP compliant video card?

and in regards to a manual or guide to all of this - well hell, show me where! Or are you referring to a specific AnyDVD readme or something?

It's more PowerDVD I'd like to know how to get the most out of, and their forums are ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I run from the disc even without having an HDCP compliant video card?

I could be mistaken, but if it the original disc won't play with Powerdvd and Anydvd HD then it's not going to play ripped either.

I can't play it with PowerDVD alone as it sets off the HDCP check which I can't pass.

I CAN play it from the HDD.

I wasnt even aware of this AnyDVD option to play straight from the disc so I'm wondering which way that falls. My 360 drive is packed away currently so that's why I dont just quickly check myself.

Last edited:
I can't play it with PowerDVD alone as it sets off the HDCP check which I can't pass.

Then that's a Powerdvd limitation.

I thought the built by ATI x1900xt 256 meg cards were HDCP complaint?

Then that's a Powerdvd limitation.

I thought the built by ATI x1900xt 256 meg cards were HDCP complaint?

They're not and there's a class action lawsuite regarding it actually. (They were advertised as having it)

The core can do it, but the specific boards made by ATI do not have it. Some 3rd party X1900XTXs might do it.

It is a PowerDVD limitation. I'm not too worried about it as I'll be getting a new video card eventually anyways and I can at least play off the HDD.

But yeah... some tips on getting the most out of powerdvd or maybet there's a better player would be great.

I'd like to use HW accel, have 5.1 sound, control and see what resolutions the movie is playing at.

They're not and there's a class action lawsuite regarding it actually. (They were advertised as having it)

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. That's interesting. I knew they were advertised as being "HDCP ready" (whatever that means).

It is a PowerDVD limitation.

I'd ask Cyberlink why they have that card listed as being supported then:
visit http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/supp...p?FID=2577&nProdId=31&ProdVerId=175&nCateId=5

Seems pretty unfair to list the card to me (but maybe there's something I don't fully understand).

Anyway, if you can play the movie when it's ripped to your hard drive, then you might as well rip first.

Last edited:

The core can do it, but the specific boards made by ATI do not have it. Some 3rd party X1900XTXs might do it.

It is a PowerDVD limitation. I'm not too worried about it as I'll be getting a new video card eventually anyways and I can at least play off the HDD.

But yeah... some tips on getting the most out of powerdvd or maybet there's a better player would be great.

I'd like to use HW accel, have 5.1 sound, control and see what resolutions the movie is playing at.

I'm using an ATI X1950XTX with my HDCP required Sony HDTV, connected via the DVI out on the card and HDMI in on the set, without problems. I recommend that you use version 7.4 of Catalyst Control Center.

I'm using an ATI X1950XTX with my HDCP required Sony HDTV, connected via the DVI out on the card and HDMI in on the set, without problems. I recommend that you use version 7.4 of Catalyst Control Center.

I think 7.6 came out recently, but I don't know if it's any good.

I think 7.6 came out recently, but I don't know if it's any good.

Thanks, I didn't know it was out yet. I gave it a try and it seems to work alright, but PowerDVD Ultra doesn't like playing full screen on an extended monitor.

I haven't tried it yet on my HDTV. I'll let you know how that goes later.

Back