• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

starting to do Blu need a drive

sparks

I was all set to get an 8x blu-ray drive to play movies on an htpc and to rip them to iso (all 2 LOL)
well anyway I read here about riplock and some other names meaning the same thing.

can someone tell me a brand or model that does not do this?
I was thinking LG or Lite-on but not sure. I did not want to spend a ton on one.

can no one tell me what drives have copylock or things like it?

I wanted to rip my blu ray disk to my media center, but I sure don't want to do it at 1x speed.

there was a good deal on the LG WH10LS30K
but from what I can find out all LG drives have copylock

can no one tell me what drives have copylock or things like it?

I wanted to rip my blu ray disk to my media center, but I sure don't want to do it at 1x speed.

there was a good deal on the LG WH10LS30K
but from what I can find out all LG drives have copylock

Well you first said you were thinking LG or Lite-On, Lite-On does not put riplock on their drives AFAIK, as for the LG drives there is a great little program out there called MediaCodeSpeedEdit or MCSE that will let you patch your drives firmware. All you have to do is run MCSE, load the firmware you want to patch, check the box that says increase read speed, save, then flash your drive with the patched firmware :rock: I use this program to remove riplock and change my LG drives to RPC-1 region-free drives (RPC-1/RPC-2 refers only to DVDs though as the region coding is different for Blu-Ray), and have never had a problem, just check out the release notes for MCSE before you buy your drive to make sure it is supported to remove riplock/increase read speed. Good luck & happy ripping/burning 8) NOTE: This will VOID your drives warranty. FLASH at your OWN risk!

WELL its not going very well..

I got the LG WH10LS30K and have had all kinds of problems with it.

I get this error___can't read aacs vid from disk-most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by the drive.

The unit came with powerdvd9 3d

I tried to install powerdvd and avg reports RiTA.dll as a themida virus when you install the software.
Not really sure if its a virus but I have heard all kinds of bad things with powerdvd, especially with WMS.

what can I use to look at the read speed of the drive?
I ripped VanHelsing to my HD and it took over 50 minutes...does this sound slow to you? 43 Gigs
========================
thanks very much for the link to the speed problem.
I noticed my drive is not listed, will keep checking back

Last edited:
Back