• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Star Trek - The Next Generation last episode 07x26 low resolution

florian78

Hi,

any idea why only this episode is in lower resolution? all others are in 1044x1080 on netflix.
upload_2022-1-17_20-45-19.png

Thanks!
Br, Florian

I ran into the exact same problem with S3E6. It was 720X540. I suspect that Netflix just doesn't have a better version of that episode. I'm waiting to see if AS+ will eventually get Paramount+ as a stream provider so I can scoop it up then.

just realized it is not really part of the series. it's a documentary special...and indeed it is netflix's fault because the quality is already bad on netflix. Really don't understand what is that hard to deliver at least HD quality...
So nothing to blame for AS.

I ran into the exact same problem with S3E6. It was 720X540. I suspect that Netflix just doesn't have a better version of that episode. I'm waiting to see if AS+ will eventually get Paramount+ as a stream provider so I can scoop it up then.
I just tried the same episode I had problems with before with the new AS version (1.2.9.5) and I got 1440X1080 resolution. I guess it WAS a problem with AnyStream.

Same issue on Hulu for Stargate Atlantis. Season 5 has 4 episodes that are only available in 704x396, the rest are 1280x720.

TNG was originally shot on film, but edited, composited, and had special effects created as SD video.

They were only able to remaster the series in HD because it was shot on film. But they had to reedit it all and recreate the special effects all over again. They did not make back the cost of doing this as they had hoped. so an HD remaster of DS9 and Voyager is unlikely to ever happen.

That last episode is not part of the series, it is a documentary special arbitrarily grouped by Netflix into the final season. It would not have been part of the HD remastering effort.

It was likely only SD video to begin with, so remastering in HD is not possible. It could be upscaled with no gain in quality, but the TV would do that automatically anyway, so no point (waste of bandwidth and storage space). These days it could potentially be neural-net AI processed to 1080p with a small gain in quality to make it easier for the TV to upscale it cleanly to 4K, but the result would not be miraculous.

TNG was originally shot on film, but edited, composited, and had special effects created as SD video.

They were only able to remaster the series in HD because it was shot on film. But they had to reedit it all and recreate the special effects all over again. They did not make back the cost of doing this as they had hoped. so an HD remaster of DS9 and Voyager is unlikely to ever happen.

That last episode is not part of the series, it is a documentary special arbitrarily grouped by Netflix into the final season. It would not have been part of the HD remastering effort.

It was likely only SD video to begin with, so remastering in HD is not possible. It could be upscaled with no gain in quality, but the TV would do that automatically anyway, so no point (waste of bandwidth and storage space). These days it could potentially be neural-net AI processed to 1080p with a small gain in quality to make it easier for the TV to upscale it cleanly to 4K, but the result would not be miraculous.

This is why I bought STNG on Blu-Ray. I wish they could have done the same for DS9 I would have gotten it on Blu-Ray too but it is of course only on DVD and as such, you are just as well of pulling it down with AS in my opinion.

I noticed this and I thought it was an interesting thing. To digitize a whole series of 7 seasons off Blu-Ray is essentially a few days of work. To pull it down with AS is actually quicker and less work. None of this means much, just thought it was something to note.

Hi florian78, yes we are aware of the low res issues and are working on bringing them up to HD, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Hi florian78, yes we are aware of the low res issues and are working on bringing them up to HD, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

in this case I guess Anystream cannot do anything. Because the low-res is from netflix.

in this case I guess Anystream cannot do anything. Because the low-res is from netflix.
Why don't you try one movie now and let me know how you make out, we made some changes about 30 minutes agao.

Why don't you try one movie now and let me know how you make out, we made some changes about 30 minutes agao.
upload_2022-1-20_17-35-16.png

still low-resolution....but as stated above...in this case Anystream cannot do anything because this episode is directly from netflix in low-res. Even if I watch it normal on netflix it is bad quality... <-- it's no fault of Anystream.

Well, I was just going to say , I am getting a lot of 1080p on Netflix and really not having any issues since our update this morning. Thank you for letting me know.

Well, I was just going to say , I am getting a lot of 1080p on Netflix and really not having any issues since our update this morning. Thank you for letting me know.

well, all the newer stuff is still not HD. So the general DRM issue isn't solved yet...which is kind of sad.
e.g.
Passengers
American Sniper
Bloodshot
Ghostbusters 2
Ghostbusters
Bourne
Venom
Lucy
Charlie’s Angels

and a lot more...

well, all the newer stuff is still not HD. So the general DRM issue isn't solved yet...which is kind of sad.
e.g.
Passengers
American Sniper
Bloodshot
Ghostbusters 2
Ghostbusters
Bourne
Venom
Lucy
Charlie’s Angels

and a lot more...
Yes I said, we are working on the res now, if it's possible please check what res the program is being offered at.

e.g.
Passengers
American Sniper
Bloodshot
Ghostbusters 2
Ghostbusters
Bourne
Venom
Lucy
Charlie’s Angels

and a lot more...
I don't know where you are but every one of those movies, I have to pay for. Do you think you could find something that's in APV, that's not a pay-for-play? Its not sad at all, first Anystream couldn't do anything in your first post, but then it could, now it's sad, I am trying to help you, give me a movie that is part of reg APV not pay for play. None of the above are newer stuff, give me an example.

I don't know where you are but every one of those movies, I have to pay for. Do you think you could find something that's in APV, that's not a pay-for-play? Its not sad at all, first Anystream couldn't do anything in your first post, but then it could, now it's sad, I am trying to help you, give me a movie that is part of reg APV not pay for play. None of the above are newer stuff, give me an example.

well, this is currently on netflix in Austria in the catalogue. those resolutions are basically in 960x540 (SD) available and not in 1920x1080 (HD).
In which country do you look at netflix?

well, this is currently on netflix in Austria in the catalogue. those resolutions are basically in 960x540 (SD) available and not in 1920x1080 (HD).
In which country do you look at netflix?
I am in Sint Maarten, in the Caribbean, about 1200 miles off the coast of Miami. We watch through satellite. We cant make them into something that they are not being shown through the provider.

Last edited:
Back