• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stan Lee Passed

Jeff R 1

I will miss his cameo appearances very much, that was lots of fun looking for them in his movies.
Cause of death was not published, it just said he was rushed to hospital _ from what I could find out.

I will miss his cameo appearances very much, that was lots of fun looking for them in his movies.
Cause of death was not published, it just said he was rushed to hospital _ from what I could find out.
He was 95, about to turn 96 next month, so that he was a little over 4 years away from turning 100.

He was very creative, I'll say that, and I enjoyed the characters that he co-created with Jack Kirby (The Fantastic 4, Doctor Doom, Black Panther, The Silver Surfer, etc.) and Steve Ditko (The Amazing Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Dr. Octopus, The Green Goblin, etc.) among other characters that he created with other people such as the Original X-Men and Daredevil.

He will be missed.

There are rumors that Disney had Mr. Lee film more than a few generic cameos for use in later films since he was getting old.

Even if there are no more filmed cameos the studio could do a "Grand Moff Tarkin" and retro-con him into later movies with CGI. I hope they won't, though.

I was a Marvel fan WAY WAY back.

As a kid I was crazy about Ant-Man and SpiderMan and used to send letters to Stan Lee on a regular basis about my comic book heroes.

The cool part was he always sent back a card with a handwritten response to my letter.

Used to make my day. I thought Stan was the coolest guy ever.

Of course, as an adult, I know someone on his staff may have penned the replies.

But as these were the very early days of Marvel, it's really possible it was Stan the Man himself!

Nuff said!

Saved them all but my parents threw them away, along with my extensive comic book collection, while I was away at college.

Would have been great memorabilia if I still had it today.

T

That's too bad that all that was just tossed away...
I still have my Wacky Packages, they bring back some great child hood memories.
They're not really worth a lot, but that doesn't matter.

Here's some food for thought though, anybody here have this card from the Garbage Pail kids _ "Adam Bomb" ?

That's too bad that all that was just tossed away...

I know!

I had the very first Ant-Man and Spiderman issues as well as some very early Batman, Hawkman, Fantastic Four...

I was devastated when I found out they were all thrown away.

All I can hope is that someone rescued them from the trash back then and got the benefit of them.

Here's some food for thought though, anybody here have this card from the Garbage Pail kids _ "Adam Bomb" ?

Totally unfamiliar.

Was that some type of Marvel spin-off?

T

They were chewing gum cards that poked fun at Cabbage Patch Kids at the time.
"Adam Bomb" was not received very well by parents, for obvious reasons, so most were thrown out and not many produced.
Not all of them are valuable though.

Adam Bomb.JPG

Uh Oh no wonder Donny has a fixation on whose button is bigger.

Back