• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Spirited Away" problems

catman

Hi,

This one rips with AnyDVD fine without error. When running CloneDVD (current version) is wants to "repair files" and does so w/o error. Then when I try to begin CloneDVD after the repair I get a "Oh NO!" failure an an unknown error indication. I emailed my log files to CloneDVD along with the AnyDVD info. file and the response was that they don't do the decryption problems (implying it's a AnyDVD decryption algorithm problem).

Has anyone successfully backed up this movie with CloneDVD? The region code is 1 FWIW.

thanks.

I own Spirited Away Region 1. I have no issues backing it up. Clonedvd2 works fine with this title.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.06 12/26/0609:00

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2042016 sectors (3988 MBytes)
Total size: 4077174 sectors (7963 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SPIRITEDAWAYUS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.3.3)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.06 12/26/0609:00

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2272248 sectors (4437 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SPIRITEDAWAYBONUSUS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
thanks.

You should never be ripping with Anydvd first if you own Clonedvd2.
Anydvd ripper should always be used as a last resort as it often causes problem
(and it's probably the reason why you're experiencing issues).

Follow this guide to learn how to use Clonedvd2 properly with Anydvd:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

Thanks!

I'll give it another try. I guess I've been brute forcing the solution and ironically it works most of the time. It's difficult to find "directions" with this stuff or perhaps I just don't know where to look.

catman

It's difficult to find "directions" with this stuff or perhaps I just don't know where to look.

Take a look at the stickies at the top of this forum and at the top of the Clonedvd forum. Thank you

Problem solved

Take a look at the stickies at the top of this forum and at the top of the Clonedvd forum. Thank you

I have solved my problem. It's due to my unfamiliarity with AnyDVD and how it works with CloneDVD2. Being that they are sold as separate programs, I incorrectly made an analogy between them and DVDdecrypter/DVDShrink. I incorrectly thought I had to "run" AnyDVD on the output of the VIDEO_TS file on the optical disc first to rip it to my HD, then run CloneDVD on the ripped file on my HD. I didn't realize that with running AnyDVD in the background that I could directly back up a DVD with CloneDVD2.

What I was doing was actually working though except for this one disc. Then I discovered with Webslinger's help that the reason I obtained the "it's copy protected" error and the reason the CloneDVD buttons were greyed out is because AnyDVD wasn't running (I had disabled it because it causes my optical drives to "not see" DVDs/CDs in them due to some incompatibility with RecordNow Max).

So... after restarting AnyDVD and with Webslinger's help, I got it working and additionally found a simpler way of backing up DVDs.

Back