Spider Man 3 Issue Clone DVD

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by bignicksdaddy, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. bignicksdaddy

    bignicksdaddy New Member

    Anyone having a problem with Spider Man 3 using Clone DVD? Locks up at Audio and Subtitle Settings.
     
  2. mike20021969

    mike20021969 Well-Known Member

    i backed it up without any problems to a verbatim dvd5 (apart from a slight pause someway into the film-possibly due to the layer break?).
     
  3. Webslinger

    Webslinger Retired Moderator

    This disc isn't very interesting in terms of protection. There's nothing on it other than CSS, which is on most region 1 discs. That means practically anything can handle this disc.

    1. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

    2) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
    c) Click "enable logging".
    d) Click "ok".
    e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
    f) Go to your My Documents folder
    g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
    h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG]
    i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    l) click "upload"

    3) Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).
     
  4. Charlie

    Charlie Well-Known Member

    They put this title out on bad media I think So a good cleaning and buffing of the disc should get you by also try a different dvd drive too as some will overlook these issues.
     
  5. DrinkLyeAndDie

    DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

    Of course I agree with both Webslinger and Charlie.

    Personally, I have to go with a dirty of flawed disc theory. Clean it first and see what happens. If it still happens then I'd scan the disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed. If that throws out bad sectors then I'd say the disc is flawed somehow. It could be the drive so check in another drive but with how utterly unprotected this disc is... I'd just return the disc for a new one if bad sectors are found.

    It seems a lot of people are having problems with this disc. This leads me to believe that either they did a horrible job shipping these discs and they got scratched like you wouldn't believe or they released a lot of badly pressed discs.

    There are also some people out there with some nasty stuff on their system that can cause problems, as well. By nasty I'm speaking of InCD, DirectCD, etc. For all the people that say those programs are utterly necessary and can't possibly be a problem go on using them. Go on having problems. Just don't complain later if/when you have problems.

    Between bad discs and system conflicts I'd say that accounts for 99.9% of the ripping problems. The other 0.1% might be a bad drive.
     
  6. Nong

    Nong New Member

    My Spidey 3 DVD problem solved.

    Well folks it seems everyone is having problems with this movie, My Program wasn't even detecting the .nfo file even when i explore with windows. I knew its there somewhere since the disk volume states 7+ GBs. Instead of messing around with AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, or even buffing and cleaning, i just decided to use DVD Shrink 3.1. Even though this program doesn't have the same great quality compression tools as CloneDVD, it works without any hiccups.
     
  7. Webslinger

    Webslinger Retired Moderator

    Actually, most people don't have any problems with this disc using whatever program they want to, as there is no protection on this disc whatsoever other than CSS.

    The people that are having problems got a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged.
     
  8. DrinkLyeAndDie

    DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

    Funny. I had absolutely no problems at all with AnyDVD & CloneDVD.