• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SpeedMenus Second Longer Selection

Tanquen

Been using SpeedMenus for a bit and was wondering if anyone knew why some titles have a second longer selection that is not selectable from the regular menus? I’ve seen this on Carrie, Heat and The Internship to name a few. Hidden uncut version or just there to fake out pirates?

In Carrie there are two versions, one with an alternate ending and that's why you get the two different play lists or different lengths.
Another example of this is Wreck It Ralph, there is more then one play list with the exact same length, but the different ones have Spanish signs in them. Like the Nesquick Sand sign is in Spanish on one version.

Last edited:
I've seen the ones for movies like Wreck It Ralph and you can play the other ones with Spanish and such from the original menu. I understand that there can be other playlist to have the different language credits and alternate endings and uncut versions but I don't see a way to play the alternate ending for Carrie through the original menu. It just has PLAY and AUDIO Settings. If Joe Blow can’t see it when he puts it in his Blu-ray player, why is it there?

the speedmenu's are simple menu's only intended for quick selection of the correct title. Anything else like alternate endings selections, extra's are best selected through the original menu. Even though they are sometimes listed in the speedmenu there's no way to know which extra is what. Afaik audio & subs need to be done via remote or in-player.

I don't see a way to play the alternate ending for Carrie through the original menu. It just has PLAY and AUDIO Settings. If Joe Blow can’t see it when he puts it in his Blu-ray player, why is it there?

Perhaps you have a different disc, but on Carrie (2013 US retail release), the alternate ending can be selected from the 'Setup' section of the menu, once there you would see an option 'Go To Theatrical Cut with Alternate Ending', once selected the movie will start with the alternate ending. Note though, there is no option to play just the alternative ending by itself (At least on this release)

This was a rental so maybe they do a quick and dirty change to the menu and leave everything else on the disc the same. There was nothing on the disc advertising an alternate ending. There was only an audio setup selection and you are also locked into watching 3 or 4 long movie trailers that you can’t even skip each one or fast forward through. I’ve not seen one locked down like that before. I even have the remove prohibited user operations and adverts/trailers set in AnyDVD.

Back