• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed Menu

i can confirm the PDVD issue. With speedmenu's active, subtitles (in my case in dutch) do NOT show up automatically with the PDVD ui set to "system default" (dutch in my case).

I believe this is due to the fact that starting with PDVD 10, no language packs have been made for PDVD anymore and the program goes by default in english (and even then english subs do not appear automatically).

Unless one goes in to the specific "player > advanced" section to set the preferred menu language, subtitle & audio language the subs do not appear by default.

I would indeed also like the ability to set subtitles from within speedmenu if this would be possible (forced and standard ones)
If i go to the PDVD settings and enable anything other than system default (my system is in dutch)

edit: just tried this setup with PDVD 11.

Disc: The Three Musketeers
PDVD settings:

Menu language: English
Audio language: English
Subtitle language: Dutch

Speedmenu's enabled

Subtitles do NOT appear automatically, i have to manually enable them

Last edited:
I was wanting the ability to choose the subtitle if Speedmenu doesn't have the option of choosing a subtitle if a part of a movie is another language other than English.

Since different discs are authored different ways for subtitles I don't know if it would be possible for Speedmenu to select the correct subtitle option if there is one.

That was why I was wondering if a subtitle could be selected from the Speedmenu menu.

I've ripped a BD to my HDD and forgot that Speed Menu was enabled.

Just curious, is it possible to uninstall the Speed Menu and revert back to the BD's original menu?

Could try simply copying the index.bdmv and movieobject.bdmv files over from the original disk. AnyDVD should be either disabled, or SpeedMenus disabled.

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys. I had a feeling that would be the case.

@Mike, I'll try that and see what happens.

It would be interesting if it is that simple. It would mean if AnyDVD could just save the original versions on disc/iso in a backup folder it could offer the ability to toggle Smartmenu even for unprotected rips.

Raster, I should have said, if you ripped to a protected iso then you can just toggle the setting as you would with an original disc. But I am assuming you probably tried that before posting here!

Last edited:
It would be interesting if it is that simple. It would mean if AnyDVD could just save the original versions on disc/iso in a backup folder it could offer the ability to toggle Smartmenu even for unprotected rips.

Raster, I should have said, if you ripped to a protected iso then you can just toggle the setting as you would with an original disc. But I am assuming you probably tried that before posting here!

Erm... AnyDVD speedmenu has an option to keep the original menus.

Speedmenu and Blu ray 3D (especially Fox)

Hello,

I noted a strange behaviout when ripping with speed menu blu ray 3d, in special way from 20th century fox.
When i create the iso 3D, the menu is showing several 3D features, all with same name, same lenght (lenght that is equal to total movie's one), same features (audio, subtitle etc). But of them, only 1 is working correctly .. if i start the others, the 3D channels result in a inversion (i.e. left frame is treated as right and right as left). I found this strange behaviour only on Fox 3D BD (ice age 4 & epic for now), and usually the feature that works fine is the last one.

Now, since i'm using this ripped iso 3d within an automatic system for reproducing ... is it a method to avoid this "multiple" features presence?

Thanks and best regards,
FKB

Hello,

I noted a strange behaviout when ripping with speed menu blu ray 3d, in special way from 20th century fox.
When i create the iso 3D, the menu is showing several 3D features, all with same name, same lenght (lenght that is equal to total movie's one), same features (audio, subtitle etc). But of them, only 1 is working correctly .. if i start the others, the 3D channels result in a inversion (i.e. left frame is treated as right and right as left). I found this strange behaviour only on Fox 3D BD (ice age 4 & epic for now), and usually the feature that works fine is the last one.

Now, since i'm using this ripped iso 3d within an automatic system for reproducing ... is it a method to avoid this "multiple" features presence?

Thanks and best regards,
FKB
The multiple playlists on both titles use seamless branching to display titles, background text, etc. in different languages (very common for animated films); it's not some special kind of protection. Both PDVD & TMT have settings to swap left & right eyes during 3D playback; no, I don't know of any way to automate that.

if i start the others, the 3D channels result in a inversion (i.e. left frame is treated as right and right as left). I found this strange behaviour only on Fox 3D BD (ice age 4 & epic for now), and usually the feature that works fine is the last one.
Which player do you use?

Which player do you use?

Hello, thanks for answers...now i understood the issue. I use Oppo BDP93 (fw that supports still iso playback), i was worried about possibility of malfunction of Oppo/Radiance/Vpr that resulted in channel inversion...but i soon recognized that was the ISO structure itself.

Thanks again

BR
FKB

Hi I wonder if I rip a 3D disc to a image with SpeedMenu and record it into a bd r, would i have the option to make selection to see in 3d / 2d or 3d viewing option would be lost.

Hi I wonder if I rip a 3D disc to a image with SpeedMenu and record it into a bd r, would i have the option to make selection to see in 3d / 2d or 3d viewing option would be lost.

you will have the selection.

you will have the selection.
But in one case I had with "Pompeii" even though the selection was there in Speed Menu, the movie had problems where the video would stop while the audio continued.
Creating a straight 1:1 to one copy with out Speed Menu solved this.

How reliable is speedmenu, really, with episodes lists? It just lists '1 Feature', '2 Feature', etc (which I'm pretty sure are not the names of the original episodes). And when I disable speedmenu, Kodi can't find any menu at all. :(

It's pretty accurate as far as finding features vs bonus items. It may not be able to list them in sequence for episodes. As to kodi not finding a menu, that's a KODI problem. Not an anydvd one.

It's pretty accurate as far as finding features vs bonus items. It may not be able to list them in sequence for episodes.

And yet, listing the episodes in sequence is, of course, exactly what's needed. Otherwise the 'faux' menu is pointless for every disc with episodic content.

As to kodi not finding a menu, that's a KODI problem. Not an anydvd one.

Not really if it's AnyDVD HD that screws up the 'original' menu somehow, by disabling speedmenu (not saying that's happening per se, but with speedmenu disabled, I can't seem to get a working menu).

It's not anydvd that screws up, KODI is to blame. It's not a licensed bluray player and as such only has limited or no menu support. It's the same thing with vlc, mpc-hc...

Back