• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed Menu

Well one option perhaps (don't know if this is possible or not) would be to have some sort of simple subtitle selection on the speedmenu.

Well one option perhaps (don't know if this is possible or not) would be to have some sort of simple subtitle selection on the speedmenu.

Agreed. That way you don't have to start the movie & then miss the 1st part of the movie while you're quickly trying to choose the correct subtitle if it has one with occasional foreign language dialogue.

+1. Speedmenu can detect subtitles, but if there's more than one in the same language it doesn't know which is which. It needs an easier way to select them.

It wouldn't have to select them _ wouldn't it work if it would simply list them as it's already doing, but have the duration times of the sub title tracks; if that's possible.
The one with the shortest time in English would be the correct one for English when another language is spoken with in an English track.

It wouldn't have to select them _ wouldn't it work if it would simply list them as it's already doing, but have the duration times of the sub title tracks; if that's possible.
The one with the shortest time in English would be the correct one for English when another language is spoken with in an English track.
The problem with that is every subtitle track's "duration" is the same as the movie. The foreign-only subtitle track is active the entire movie; it's simply blank unless & until non-English dialogue is used.

The problem with that is every subtitle track's "duration" is the same as the movie. The foreign-only subtitle track is active the entire movie; it's simply blank unless & until non-English dialogue is used.

What about size? Would the foreign-only track be smaller?

What about size? Would the foreign-only track be smaller?
Subtitle tracks, like audio tracks, are embedded into the .m2ts file with the video. AFAIK there's no way to detect the size of a subtitle track short of scanning and/or demuxing it, which wouldn't be feasible for Speedmenu.

Subtitle tracks, like audio tracks, are embedded into the .m2ts file with the video. AFAIK there's no way to detect the size of a subtitle track short of scanning and/or demuxing it, which wouldn't be feasible for Speedmenu.

Ahh I see, thanks for the info :)

Personalize / Create new speedmenus

Not to get everyone off the subtitle track, but is there a way to create your own or to personalize a speedmenu with your own graphics/options? Or are they considered property of Slysoft and not to be changed? Thanks for your time, and now back to your regularly scheduled subtitle discussion.....

ps. Yes, I searched everywhere for any info on personalizing speedmenus , but no luck or Im blind.

Keep up the excellent work SLYSOFT! :rock:

I think he wants to develop his own Speedmenus, instead of just what SlySoft provides (both in AnyDVD HD itself and on the website). Good to point that out, though.

Edit: The file format, .anydvd_smsk, appears to be binary and largely uneditable. AFAICT it doesn't have even the hallmarks of a renamed Zip archive (JARs, Office 2007+ files, OpenDocument files, etc.); its first two bytes are "sk" instead of "PK" (for Phil Katz, Zip's inventor).

Last edited:
Samurai, I believe he wants to create his own custom speed menu graphics, not just use pre-existing custom menus already created by Slysoft.

thanks

I think he wants to develop his own Speedmenus, instead of just what SlySoft provides (both in AnyDVD HD itself and on the website). Good to point that out, though.

Edit: The file format, .anydvd_smsk, appears to be binary and largely uneditable. AFAICT it doesn't have even the hallmarks of a renamed Zip archive (JARs, Office 2007+ files, OpenDocument files, etc.); its first two bytes are "sk" instead of "PK" (for Phil Katz, Zip's inventor).

So it appears that the speedmenus are not easily altered to insert a graphic of our own and/or we cannot create our own speedmenus easily as we do "skins" for other programs. OH well, no biggie. I am a HUGE Slysoft fan, maybe there will be a way to do that in the future.

Thanks for your help RBBritain. I tried hex editors and the such for a way to insert a different graphic file but no good. I like 'em, I wonder if Slysoft would insert a graphic for me on a speedmenu if I ask ever so beggingly....:agree:

@James and Peer

I don't want to take this thread off topic. This is somewhat related to the speed menus, though. The speed menus are able to give people quick access to the main movie on titles. Clearly AnyDVD knows how to find that. Could we get an update that adds this information to the disc.inf? Please? :) Cause there's been HUGE discussion on this in the past couple days and J River and Nev are trying to improve their logic. J River already uses the disc.inf playlist info if it's there. Those players don't support speed menus, so, this would make non-licensed players INFINITELY more useful if that information could be exposed for more than just screen pass discs. So again, please? :)

Yes please guys, it would be hugely useful to all the emerging non-licenced players if AnyDVD was able to pass as much info as is possible about the "normal", "main movie" playlist.

If there is any further info you are able to pass on about forced subtitle streams (as per the recent separate thread) that would be incredibly useful as this is the other main thing that it seems very hard for these players to correctly interpret.

Hey did we ever get a definitive answer to if it would be possible in the future to be able to select the subtitle yourself on Speedmenu?

That way you don't have to wait until the movie starts to select a subtitle if one needs to be selected.

Hey did we ever get a definitive answer to if it would be possible in the future to be able to select the subtitle yourself on Speedmenu?

That way you don't have to wait until the movie starts to select a subtitle if one needs to be selected.

Again: Speedmenu will honor the settings of your player. Set it. Enjoy.

Again: Speedmenu will honor the settings of your player. Set it. Enjoy.
I think he wanted, at a minimum, the ability to select subtitles thru the Speedmenu itself; in my limited testing sometimes the player's subtitle options do not appear, even in the player's own menus (i.e., right-click in PDVD or TMT), when Speedmenu is active. He may also want AnyDVD HD to scan the original menu for forced subtitles so it can activate them in the Speedmenu (though that may not be possible).

Back