• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Speed Menu?????

dashhappy

Could someone tell me in a very simple way of what is the SPEED MENU and SEXY Settings does? and do I need to use them? Thanks All...

Speed Menu

Mike R;

WHY did u close my thread on asking what is and how to use the new speed menu option??? U replied and said search, well I did but it didn't help me then u closed the thread so noone else could help me?? why, I have been a reg user for a number of years and I also as well as any one else have a right to ask a question? Sorry I am not as knowledgable about anydvdhd as u r but you kinda slaped me in the face by closing the thread so I could get help from someone not as yourself, who happens to care about our legit questions... Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I do have the right to ask don't I?

Your thread is now opened again. The answer remain the same, try it out. User right click in the settings to get context help.

The mentioned posts contain nothing that explain what a "speed menu" is.

I'm also looking for an explanation.

Put in a Blu-Ray disk, set 'always enable' and play the disk (in PoweDVD or TMT5). What is the difference with and without this setting? Load times, FBI warnings, trailers, adverts.

Try it. You tell us what you see, and if there is any benefit gained.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Speed menu removes all BD-J code from the disc and replaces the menu with, simpler, non-Java menus. BD-J is used by most discs to provide fancy menus, navigation control, a custom progress bar etc. but it is notoriously buggy. On more than one occasion, new discs, with slightly different BD-J code, have caused problems with players that have needed new software/firmware before those discs could be played. This is currently true in TMT for the latest Apocalypse Now and Planet of the Apes (original) blu-rays. Also, BD-J can cause performance problems - Fox/Universal discs released since about Sept cause 100% CPU use on one core due to BD-J code, which can cause stutter.

So speed menus are there to:
- let you play discs on players that might not be able to otherwise play them
- solve performance issues that may be caused by BD-J

Oh, and, as the name suggests it also let's the discs load much quicker, missing all warnings, trailers, infomercials etc.

The mentioned posts contain nothing that explain what a "speed menu" is.

I'm also looking for an explanation.

right mouse button on the setting explains it.

K, Now I Fully understand the Speed Menu settings, Thanks for re-opening my thread. Also thanks for all the kind responses and for explaining it in a way that I can understand. ;)

Rip To ISO on HD?

I assume this JUST for realtime playback?
Ripping a BluRay to ISO to a HD for later playback on my OPPO 93 (yes, I still have the older firmware) stays the same/is not affected, correct?

Kind Regards.

I assume this JUST for realtime playback?
Ripping a BluRay to ISO to a HD for later playback on my OPPO 93 (yes, I still have the older firmware) stays the same/is not affected, correct?

Kind Regards.

mike is correct, i asked this a while back too. Whatever the (software player) sees = what the ripper gets. So if you rip a disc with speed menu enabled, the rip will contain the speed menu and not the original one

I've only played with this on one title, and it seems pretty cool (I like that it also includes some of the bonus material as well, not just the movie)...

Is it an HDMV menu? Didn't even think about that at the time...

Would it be possible to have a button added to it that would launch the original Java menus and have the disc function as if Speed Menus weren't enabled? Or do the Speed Menu change enough of the disc to make that unpractical? It'd be cool to have an option to just 'watch the damn movie!' and then dig into the originally designed disc later...

(This is assuming the option isn't already available, and I just overlooked it... ;))

James has said they would like to do what you suggest, but there is limited dev. time for this. Keeping core functionality up to date takes priority. Hopefully we will see it but it will most likely take a while.

Last edited:
Am I understanding speed menu correctly?

Wouldn't the use of speed menu completely negate the issues that BD lite are causing?

Am I understanding speed menu correctly?

Wouldn't the use of speed menu completely negate the issues that BD lite are causing?

What issues is "BD lite" causing? Please rephrase your question, I am too stupid.

What issues is "BD lite" causing? Please rephrase your question, I am too stupid.

BD lite renders some .ISO blu-rays useless due to sub titles not showing up and seamless branching issues.

Nobody knows what you are going on about.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back