Spanish Underworld Evolution HD-DVD: Remove forced subtitles?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Rathbone80, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Rathbone80

Rathbone80 Well-Known Member

Could you Slysoft guys add a function to remove or turn off the forced spanish subtitles in this release?

Regards

Rathbone

2. deandob

deandob Active Member

Having a feature to autoedit the XPL file to remove the subtitle tags would be much appreciated, I hate having to manually edit the XPL files when settling down to watching a movie. I understand its a workaround for a buggy PowerDVD and should not be needed if PDVD worked right in the first place.

Regards,

3. Rathbone80

But editing the XPL file only works if you rip the HD-DVD before.

4. Rathbone80

Found it!

Spanish Underworld 2 definetly has English subtitles!!!! But you have to use AnyDVD HD to access them, because they are hidden:

1. Go to My Documents and browse through the AnyDVD folder until you get the .xpl file from Underworld 2. Open it.

2. In the main title remove every audio track and subtitle track entries except audio 4 and subtitle 2. Both are marked "en". If you want to remove subtitles completely, remove subtitle 2 also.

3. On the bottom remove everything between the Playlist tags and the tags themselves. You will loose the disc menus.

3. Save, eject disc and pop it back in. AnyDVD loads the edited xpl-file. Voila!