• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Spam PMs

You have to be in my contact list to be able to PM me you have to be a contributing member here to get on my list too.

Yes, this will be taken care of. Thank you, guys.
Then please explain why you don't delete all PMs from such a guy and we don't have to read/find them, as they are still in our PM boxes.

Now you only bann such a member. To my knowledge there is such a massdeleting function of sent PMs in vBulletin.

How hard is it to hit the delete button yourself? As long as it took you to post you could of deleted it.

Then please explain why you don't delete all PMs from such a guy and we don't have to read/find them, as they are still in our PM boxes.

Now you only bann such a member. To my knowledge there is such a massdeleting function of sent PMs in vBulletin.
Yes ofcourse there is a mass prune of all posts of any user, but as you know we are all from different time zones and it may take a little while to get done. We are all volunteers here, we do the best we can. ;)

Yes, this nonsense is still continuing. We're working on it.

got this today//:mad::mad::mad::mad: BTW it says banned after his name

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear ETP,

You have received a new private message at SlySoft Forum from Admin&Moderator, entitled "Warning! Next time we will have to complaint to your ISP.".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear, ETP;michael g;johnrosati;Henny;Skydriver!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: g;johnrosati;Henny;Skydriver
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP.
----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration forum.slysoft.com.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
SlySoft Forum

Last edited:
Dear, Correz;MGandalf;bommelcom;talquino;venejo!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Cliff Edwards.

This just in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get SPAMMED this time around.

Should I feel slighted, as if somehow I wasn't worthy of the SPAM?
:mad:

with the ongoin spam pm's it looks to me like there's a bot in progress. It might be a good suggestion for the peeps at slysoft here to implement some sort of captcha image for new registrations. A combination with a simple question like "are you human yes/no" and the captcha image usually solves this problem. If the spam then persists you atleast know its a human being and can take further action if neccessairy

If the forum software is up to date on the 3.x series there is built in software to make a questions answer upon registering. Since they are on a branded free license I am unsure if it is in the version they are using.

I had two spam PMs. The first one was from someone banned.
The second one was from GafarozzMan, and the message was identical to the one the banned guy sent. Something about a virus, and wanting me to go to some site. I deleted both. Did the banned guy sign up again, under a different name? This is happening at several forums I frequent.............
This is probably an infected site:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear JinChicago,

You have received a new private message at SlySoft Forum from Cliffinzz, entitled "Pay attention to..".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

This is the message that was sent:
Dear, senfauge;cfthb;scarface87;JinChicago;Snake420!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

xxx

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Cliff Edwards.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
SlySoft Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't post the links to the virus, it's sufficient to use the
report.gif
report function and delete the PM.

There are throttle settings in VBulletin that will prevent this happening again, and others that will delete all PMs sent by this (or any other) user.

Just disable PMs for user with less than 10 posts. Problem solved.

I agree - Enforce new rules to counter such "attacks" :agree:

The offender's account was already banned - deleted the pm.
Case closed for me I hope ...

This kind of spamming is happening all over the place. I've had numerous spam PMs from a lot of different forums. I end up having to shut down the PM function on the forums. That really sucks as that function is useful and it's a bummer to lose it because of spammers. Dunno what the solution is, other than to ban them one at a time when someone reports the spam. Doesn't seem to be a very effective solution though.

Got another one! Here it is:

Dear, forum member!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you. Yours truly, David Torres.

I x'd out the address he tries to send us to......

Back