• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Spam PMs

jvc

I had two spam PMs. The first one was from someone banned.
The second one was from GafarozzMan, and the message was identical to the one the banned guy sent. Something about a virus, and wanting me to go to some site. I deleted both. Did the banned guy sign up again, under a different name? This is happening at several forums I frequent.............

Got the same. Wanted some kind of verification that I got the message.
Tried to reply to tell him to F**K of and die but said his box was full. To many people beat me to it I guess

I had two spam PMs. The first one was from someone banned.
The second one was from GafarozzMan, and the message was identical to the one the banned guy sent. Something about a virus, and wanting me to go to some site. I deleted both. Did the banned guy sign up again, under a different name? This is happening at several forums I frequent.............

Probably. If the person has several email accounts, they can conceivably sign up as a different person for every email account they have.

I am sure a mod will take care of this when they see it.

Spammer

I am sure a mod will take care of this when they see it.

And unfortunately, the little @$%#& is still online and still spamming people.

Attachments

• Spam.jpg
    Spam.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 22
Yes, this will be taken care of. Thank you, guys.

Thank you Jill. I am sure we all appreciate this here on the forum.

Thank you Jill. I am sure we all appreciate this here on the forum.

Yes ma'am. Strange though that it seems to be happening frequently. Don't remember this happening much in the past. Probably the same idiot.

If they ban the IP address, it won't matter how many email accounts they have.

I received two PMs. 1st I deleted. Next one was from Gonzo or something like that. They picked the wrong people to try to "fool" them to click the link. LOL

Maybe they've found a way to make money on you clicking on the site or the read receipt notification. I got them too and will block them next time. thanks Slysoft, for taking care of this.

Dersterman, has quite new account - Idiot:bang:
Ok , new name in ignore list :policeman:

Personally, I don't see the big deal. Just business as usual on the net. I just delete 'em and move on...

To the mod, I deleted the spam messages, but I forgot to put the two originators of the PMs on my ignore list. Could you remind me who they are so I can place them in the ignore category??

Thanks.

:bowdown:

To the mod, I deleted the spam messages, but I forgot to put the two originators of the PMs on my ignore list. Could you remind me who they are so I can place them in the ignore category??

Thanks.

:bowdown:

doesnt matter really, since they're banned and therefor can no longer harass anyone :)

We can also not protect ourselves. Even if they banned are they can appear under other name again

dam :mad:

Also if you dont want someone to just pm you you can also do this on your User CP.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
Enable Private Messaging

Uncheck this box.

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

Check this box so to stop spammers

If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system.
Enable Visitor Messaging

Uncheck this box to stop visitor from pm to you.

Last edited:
The first part of my change might not allow you to get PM from your contacts so you might want to uncheck that box.

Back