• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Space Siege detects GameJackal

did the profile map get an update in the 3.2.0.5 release? Just wondering because still the same problem :p New logs attached

I also notice that during the initial capture, Game Jackal would freeze when performing 'Smart Imaging.' This is totally random, and usually fixes itself after a reboot.

Attachments

• Space Siege.zip
    405.6 KB · Views: 2
did the profile map get an update in the 3.2.0.5 release? Just wondering because still the same problem :p New logs attached

I also notice that during the initial capture, Game Jackal would freeze when performing 'Smart Imaging.' This is totally random, and usually fixes itself after a reboot.

:bang:

Yes it was updated, tested and retested. We have just got in some new hardware... let me run some more tests and I will get back to you ASAP.

Well no luck here... works perfectly on all machine we have tested it on.

Ok... plan B
We have been developing an plugin called "Profile Doctor". Basically this starts a game numerous times to determine all the sector data required by the game. It is still under development, but if your happy to, you could run it to fix your profile.

To install and use.
- Unzip the dll and place it in the GJ plugin folder then restart GJ (fyi you can also install from the settings dialog without restart GJ).
- From the GJ interface, there should be a new option in the tools section called profile doctor... click this.
- Select the space seige profile from the list and then select "Start deep sector scan" and follow on prompts.

Also note this can take a couple of hours to complete.

Basically this plugin will start the game 100s of times and determine what is missing and update the profile accordingly. It does this by starting the game... waiting a small period (20 seconds from memory) and then terminates the game process. It repeats this ~300 times. You can also adjust the "time till terminate" to speed things up. In your case if you are getting a "insert cd" error, then adjust the time (via the slider) to terminate the process just after the message appears.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• profile_doctor.zip
    555 KB · Views: 16
:rock:

That Profile Doctor did the trick. Just a few things I noticed:

1. On the first pass, I get the "emulation detected" error. All passes after that brought up the "insert CD-ROM" error
  2. The profile's DAT file is 167MB in size. Was yours that big?
  3. I only had to run for 50 passes before I got a complete profile

Wow...that sounds like a nice tool. Just another example of how you guys are ahead of the curve and the best software by far for this purpose. :bowdown: :rock:

:rock:

That Profile Doctor did the trick. Just a few things I noticed:

1. On the first pass, I get the "emulation detected" error. All passes after that brought up the "insert CD-ROM" error
  2. The profile's DAT file is 167MB in size. Was yours that big?
  3. I only had to run for 50 passes before I got a complete profile

Excellent.
There is a file that contains all the sectors captured... if you forward on to me I can update the profile map for the next release. The file is located in C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\Profile Maps\Collections. It will be called "Profile Name - 11111-11111111.col" (where 11111.11111111 is the profile file name). Can you please zip up and email here.

Wow...that sounds like a nice tool. Just another example of how you guys are ahead of the curve and the best software by far for this purpose. :bowdown: :rock:

[Irony=On]
Well do you like your future profile creating to take hours/days?

Sounds great to me,
BurnerHEAD
[Irony=Off]

But it's a way of getting things to work. Sure.

Last edited:
[Irony=On]
Well do you like your future profile creating to take hours/days?

Sounds great to me,
BurnerHEAD
[Irony=Off]

But it's a way of getting things to work. Sure.

Well for profiles that don't work (I would assume that it's more the exception rather than the rule most of the time) it would be another tool to get it to work, yes. That is what I had meant. I didn't know it would take that long to be honest though.

This was a no sarcasm message... ;)

hmm....for a little while I had profile doctor working. I decided to create a profile with all 300 passes completed, and upload that COL file instead of the previous one.

After about 15 passes, the Insert CD error would take longer and longer to show. Probably around the 20th pass, the error will not show even after the default 20 seconds. A few more passes later, my mouse pointer will freeze and a BSOD will appear that points back to my wireless ethernet drivers (wtf?)

I highly doubt this this game jackal's fault....I've been meaning to find time to install a clean setup of Windows XP for awhile now. I just won't be able to give you that file until I do reformat.

I would laugh if all of this was because of my utterly obliterated XP installation...then I would probably send you a gift basket of hand lotions for having to deal with this :D

Last edited:
let's start back up some fun :D

Using pre-defined Space Siege profile map: No 'emulated detected' error on capture. Exectuion of profile shows up the 'please insert CD-ROM' error

Using generic Safedisc profile map: Still have to use the old "disable auto-starting or quick launch, execute or capture profile, wait 10 seconds, then start up the game" to get past the 'emulation detected' error. Execution of profile shows up the 'please insert CD-ROM' error

Attachments

• Space Siege - using predefined profile.zip
    50.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Space Siege - using safedisc generic profile.zip
    299.2 KB · Views: 2
We are very close to releasing a new set of beta drivers... might be worth testing these before going much further.

Back