• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Space Siege detects GameJackal

That is excellent news... :clap:

Thanks for you help with this. Next we need to sort out the emulation error. Can you please try the profile with game management enabled?
Please insert correct CD-ROM :/

also....can you please stop thanking me in every post? :p

I might have mentioned it before....but having Game Jackal automatically launch the game brings up the "CD emulation detected" error

disabling the auto-start and auto-stop and executing the game manually brings up the "please insert CD-ROM" error.

here are the new logs from 3.2.0.3....just tell me what to test now :D

Attachments

• Space Siege.zip
    176.9 KB · Views: 1
I might have mentioned it before....but having Game Jackal automatically launch the game brings up the "CD emulation detected" error

disabling the auto-start and auto-stop and executing the game manually brings up the "please insert CD-ROM" error.
Can you repeat the above test (ie auto-start disabled) and post that log file please.
One other question... just to confirm the game start fine during capture?

Last edited:
OK....this is getting a bit weird....

I re-ran the test. I disabled auto-start and auto-stop and ran the profile. Immediately after the tray icon started to flash, I started up the game. I was greeted with a "emulation software detected" error (WTF?).

I happened to discover this by chance: If I wait 10 seconds between starting the profile and starting the game, I get a "please insert CD-ROM" error instead. I was able to duplicate my findings multiple times.

here are the log files for the "please insert CD-ROM" error after waiting 10 seconds to execute

also, the "emulation software detected" error even appears during capture....could that mean that a complete profile isn't being created?

Attachments

• Space Siege.zip
    180.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
OK....I retried to recapture the game with all automatic features disabled ('use quick launch' and 'Automatically launch game' has been disabled)...waited 10 seconds after the game jackal tray icon started to blink....executed the game and....IT WORKED!!! The image builder made the profile successfully once I quit the game

The same cannot be said about executing the profile. I still get a "please insert CD-ROM" error, even after waiting 10 seconds.

There is something that Game Jackal does during the first 10 seconds of execution of a profile that Safedisc picks up on. Here are some new log files:

Attachments

• Space Siege.zip
    125.9 KB · Views: 2
OK....this is getting a bit weird....

I re-ran the test. I disabled auto-start and auto-stop and ran the profile. Immediately after the tray icon started to flash, I started up the game. I was greeted with a "emulation software detected" error (WTF?).

I happened to discover this by chance: If I wait 10 seconds between starting the profile and starting the game, I get a "please insert CD-ROM" error instead. I was able to duplicate my findings multiple times.

here are the log files for the "please insert CD-ROM" error after waiting 10 seconds to execute

also, the "emulation software detected" error even appears during capture....could that mean that a complete profile isn't being created?

Hmmm that is strange. There is nothing GJ does after it actives the profile... so i'm not sure why waiting would make a difference. However there must be something safedisc is detecting. FYI - we are looking at a number of options to remedy any detection in future versions.

OK....I retried to recapture the game with all automatic features disabled ('use quick launch' and 'Automatically launch game' has been disabled)...waited 10 seconds after the game jackal tray icon started to blink....executed the game and....IT WORKED!!! The image builder made the profile successfully once I quit the game

The same cannot be said about executing the profile. I still get a "please insert CD-ROM" error, even after waiting 10 seconds.

There is something that Game Jackal does during the first 10 seconds of execution of a profile that Safedisc picks up on. Here are some new log files:

I will take a look at the logs.

New drivers for you to test if you are keen. See PM.

same old "insert cd-rom" error (after recapture and waiting 10 seconds)....new log file attached.

I think the "emulation software detected" error has something to do with the tooltip window that pops up on the bottom right after you execute a profile. It might be coincidence, but I just find it weird how executing the game with that tooltip still visible causes the emulation error.

Attachments

• Space Siege.zip
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
same old "insert cd-rom" error (after recapture and waiting 10 seconds)....new log file attached.

I think the "emulation software detected" error has something to do with the tooltip window that pops up on the bottom right after you execute a profile. It might be coincidence, but I just find it weird how executing the game with that tooltip still visible causes the emulation error.

:clap: I think you are on the money here. we are looking into this very issue. You can disable this window in the setting. Under interface option check disable balloon tips.

As far as the no cd error... we need to go back to basics.
Can you please try
1) Insert games DVD.
2) Set driver option to 512
3) Try debug values 0, 18, 70, 74 & 30

Let me know what and what doesn't work.

Last edited:
:clap: I think you are on the money here. we are looking into this very issue. You can disable this window in the setting. Under interface option check disable balloon tips.

As far as the no cd error... we need to go back to basics.
Can you please try
1) Insert games DVD.
2) Set driver option to 512
3) Try debug values 0, 18, 70, 74 & 30

Let me know what and what doesn't work.
disabling the balloon doesn't remove the emulation error

Debug Value of 0 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 18 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 70 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 74 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 30 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"

I'm assuming we're focusing on the insert CD-ROM error now?

Last edited:
disabling the balloon doesn't remove the emulation error

Debug Value of 0 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 18 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 70 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 74 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 30 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"

I'm assuming we're focusing on the insert CD-ROM error now?

Yep thats correct.
Try these debug values 3, 26 & 90

Debug Value of 3 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 26 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 90 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"

:/

:doh: One more...
Values of 33, 40, and 173.
Once again make sure dvd is in the drive.

Debug Value of 33 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"
Debug Value of 40 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = WORKS!
Debug Value of 173 + Driver Option of 512 + waiting 10 seconds = "insert correct CD-ROM"

Finally... ok thanks.

Need to look over the log files again, however it would appear that we are going to need a profile map for this game (based on the results of the test). I will look at getting this sorted ;)

FYI - you could try recreated the profile with image mode check, this (in theory) should fix the problem (this issue appears to be missing sector data).

Last edited:
Finally... ok thanks.

Need to look over the log files again, however it would appear that we are going to need a profile map for this game (based on the results of the test). I will look at getting this sorted ;)

FYI - you could try recreated the profile with image mode check, this (in theory) should fix the problem (this issue appears to be missing sector data).
your theory is correct....image mode did the trick :rock:

Getting somewhere with the new beta:

• Using the new Space Siege profile map: Didn't had to use the 'wait 10 seconds' trick to get past the 'emulation detected' error. Profile capture started up and completed fine. Executing the profile came up with the insert CD-ROM error
  • Using the Automatic profile map: Had to use the 10 second trick to get past 'emulation detected' error on both profile capture and profile execution. Profile capture started up and completed fine. Executing the profile came up with the insert CD-ROM error
  • Using the new Space Siege profile map + Image Mode: No 'emulation detected' error during capture and execution. Profile execution was 100% successful.
I uploaded the log files for all 3 tests....and I included the SRB file, too ;)

Attachments

• Space Siege - dedicated profile map.zip
    394.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Space Siege - automatic profile map.zip
    430.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Space Siege - dedicated profile map + image mode.zip
    177.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for that info.

Looks as if the profile map needs more work... leave it with me.

Back