• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Space Siege detects GameJackal

On the surface I cannot see why the game is displaying a "no cd message".

Ok... next test.

1) Set game management to disabled (again).
2) Edit the profile and under advanced settings set the driver option to 512
3) In the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal) add a new string value called "Debug Value" and set it to "40".
4) Insert the games's cd into the driver (very important you do this step before starting the profile).
5) Start the profile from the GJ interface.

If the game starts... let me know. if not, change the registry value "Debug Value" from 40 to 173 and run the profile again.

Let me know how this test goes. The results of this should help us with a fix.
nope.....both Debug Values didn't work :(

Is there a way to talk to you via instant messaging?

Last edited:
Actually a couple more tests.
Also try the following driver option values (dont worry about the registry "Debug Value" and remove the dvd from the drive).
1) 64
2) 128
3) 192

driver value of 256 + registry debug value of 40 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 64 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 128 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 192 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"

Interesting... The emulation error is a different issue (I think) and something we need to look at as a separate problem. Anyway we have made some changes for the next beta... however even if these changes doesn't fix the issue, we have also improved the logging which should help with further fixes.

Finally I just want to say thanks for your efforts to date. It's been very helpful ;)

no problem....keep on fighting the good DRM fight :D

I'll wait patiently for the new beta and report my findings :)

Last edited:
New release tested:

I redid all the test that were mentioned before (with a fresh profile)....actually some different results:

game management set to fully supported = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
instructions on post #14 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 512 + registry debug value of 40 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 512 + registry debug value of 173 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 256 + registry debug value of 40 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 128 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 192 = "emulation software was detected"

on an unrelated note....the performance and reliability wizard takes forever to fully load now :p And the end result is random....sometimes it says the profile is working well...other times it shows the red shield icon and tells me to run the profile again. But most of the time, the screen hangs and a log file is never created. Here's the log file from a time it happened to complete successfully:

Attachments

• 39857-4477652894.emulate.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
New release tested:

I redid all the test that were mentioned before (with a fresh profile)....actually some different results:

driver value of 512 + registry debug value of 40 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 512 + registry debug value of 173 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 256 + registry debug value of 40 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 128 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 192 = "emulation software was detected"

on an unrelated note....the performance and reliability wizard takes forever to fully load now :p And the end result is random....sometimes it says the profile is working well...other times it shows the red shield icon and tells me to run the profile again. But most of the time, the screen hangs and a log file is never created. Here's the log file from a time it happened to complete successfully:

Thanks for that. Those last 2 results are exactly what I wanted to see :agree:

The reason for the slow performance wizard is because of a bug in the log generation (line 813 and onwards of the log file is corrupt)... we will look into that ASAP.
Also, because of the bug we need the ref file (39857-4477652894.emulate.ref) for that emulation. Can you post here please?
FYI - if you use the new log viewer you can export both the log and ref files for a profile using the export button.

Once you have done that there is one more test which should pinpoint the issue.
1) Use the existing profile, set the driver option to 576.
2) Please run the profile (without the dvd in the drive) using each of the following debug values. 0, 18, 70, 74 and 30.

Also I should point out that the emulation error is not a good error, however getting this error indicates that we are getting passed the "no cd" error so this is a good thing. You could try enabling game management to overcome this error message (please leave disabled for the test above). Once we get this "no cd" error sort, we will tackle the emulation.

Thanks again for your help... I think we are close to sorting this ;)

driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 0 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 18 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 70 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 74 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 30 = "emulation software was detected"

The view log option is greyed out on the profile's right-click menu (only accessible via the performance and reliability wizard). Also, the export function doesn't work....I guess "TFileSaveDialog requires Windows Vista or later" (on XP Pro here) :p

here is the ref file:

Attachments

• 39857-4477652894.emulate.ref.zip
    56.6 KB · Views: 1
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 0 = "please insert correct CD-ROM"
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 18 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 70 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 74 = "emulation software was detected"
driver value of 576 + registry debug value of 30 = "emulation software was detected"

The view log option is greyed out on the profile's right-click menu (only accessible via the performance and reliability wizard). Also, the export function doesn't work....I guess "TFileSaveDialog requires Windows Vista or later" (on XP Pro here) :p

here is the ref file:

Thanks,

I will take a closer look at the ref file.

Also we are aware of the save as issue and will sort it out for the next beta.

Thanks.

Instead of killing time waiting for a new beta to be released....would it be more efficient to provide me with recent builds of the 44758GJ.exe file? That way I can test before an "official" beta is ever released.

Instead of killing time waiting for a new beta to be released....would it be more efficient to provide me with recent builds of the 44758GJ.exe file? That way I can test before an "official" beta is ever released.

Thanks for the offer... I will PM you if there is some code for you to try. But first on more test if possible,
1) Set driver option to 512
2) Set debug value to "0"

Thanks.

Thanks...

I have sent you a PM with download details for some new drivers etc.

OK...some odd problems with those drivers you gave me...I reran all the tests that gave the "insert CD" error:

driver value of 512 + registry debug value of 40 = causes Game Jackal to freeze (system tray icon isn't flashing, no profile activated popup displayed). Process won't terminate at all....hard reset of computer is required.
driver value of 512 + registry debug value of 173 = causes Game Jackal to become unresponsive (system tray icon flashes normally, popup displayed...it's just that this goes on forever without any error message) Process won't terminate at all....hard reset of computer is required

Also, the time it takes for the performance and reliability wizard to finish is still very slow compared to previous versions. However, exporting now works :rock:

Attachments

• Space Siege.zip
    161.1 KB · Views: 1
The reason for the system freeze is that you must have the dvd in the drive when using a driver option of 512 (and 576).

However this is not the result I expected :confused:

I will make a few more driver changes and PM you with the details.

Thanks again ;)

Let's see what we got new here...

Driver Option of 0 = "emulation software detected"
Driver Option of 131072 and Debug Value of 0 = "emulation software detected"
Driver Option of 131072 and Debug Value of 18 = "emulation software detected"
Driver Option of 131072 and Debug Value of 70 = "emulation software detected"
Driver Option of 131072 and Debug Value of 74 = "emulation software detected"
Driver Option of 131072 and Debug Value of 30 = "emulation software detected"

that's a good thing, right? :p

That is excellent news... :clap:

Thanks for you help with this. Next we need to sort out the emulation error. Can you please try the profile with game management enabled?

Back