• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

source data too large

mickpeas

Can anyone help me? Clone DVD 2 has been working splendidly. Now I keep getting "source data too large" errors and have been unable to backup disks.

I've tried switched to DVD-5...actually I've tried going through all the settings and I am still getting "source data too large" errors. I've run through all the media in my home (Memorex +r, Sony +r, HP -r, Sony -r, and even Verbatin +r Dual Layer). Same errors.

I even tried unistalling Any DVD and Clone DVD and re-installing with versions released prior to the last set of updates, thinking maybe there was a bug in the latest versions. Nothing helps.

I've been using Any & Clone DVD since Dec 2006 and have LOVED it. Easy to use, great backups, wonderful software. This is the first time I've had any problems with it at all.

I am not a computer geek or technician. Can anyone help me?

@ mickpeas,

Have you ensured that your undisclosed DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available installed?

Regards,
Coaster

PS- Please do not Double Post. You have made this current posting and also another CloneDVD Forum titled “more "source data too large" errors” on 25th August 2007, 11:36

Can anyone help me? Clone DVD 2 has been working splendidly. Now I keep getting "source data too large" errors and have been unable to backup disks.

I've tried switched to DVD-5...actually I've tried going through all the settings and I am still getting "source data too large" errors. I've run through all the media in my home (Memorex +r, Sony +r, HP -r, Sony -r, and even Verbatin +r Dual Layer). Same errors.

I even tried unistalling Any DVD and Clone DVD and re-installing with versions released prior to the last set of updates, thinking maybe there was a bug in the latest versions. Nothing helps.

I've been using Any & Clone DVD since Dec 2006 and have LOVED it. Easy to use, great backups, wonderful software. This is the first time I've had any problems with it at all.

I am not a computer geek or technician. Can anyone help me?
Hi mickpeas and welcome to the forum. It might be a good idea to read our rules before posting. You have crossposted this in two different forums. Please be patient and I am sure someone will help if they can. Thankyou.:policeman:

Firmware updated. Still doesn't work. "Source Data Too Large"

Just for kicks I even tried selecting a 13min 54second title as the only title to copy and still got Source Data Too Large.

I haven't changed anything on my system. I almost never use this PC for surfing the net (got a faster laptop for that). This PC is used almost exclusively for word processing and backing up DVD's. Nothing has been modified on it, save for updating Slysoft.

Any other ideas?

(P.S. Sorry about the double post. I'm new to forums. I wasn't sure anyone would see my question at the end of the thread I posted it on first.)

Same error

I, too, have been getting this same error message for the last couple of days, not long after I installed the last update.

I've been a steady Any & Clone user for nearly a year. I have one burner, an NEC ND-3540A. I've been getting this "source data too large" error even before it ejects the source disc and asks for a blank, so I'm assuming there is nothing wrong with my blank media.

I'm using lackluster freeware backup software in the meantime.

Thank you for chiming in, dgbellak. Like you, the software gives me the error message before even attempting to access the blank DVD. My burner is a Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-832S.

While I am unhappy that you are having problems, I am happy to find out that I am not the only one. I've been going crazy checking forums and message boards for a fix.

Love the AnyDVD and CloneDVD software...until now.

1. Ensure you have "dvd-5" selected near the quality bar in Clonedvd.

2. Update your burner's firmware if available.

3. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

4. Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive

5. a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

6. It's possible your burner is dying. Try a new one--or try yours in another system.

A third person posting here who just started getting this same message!

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Upper Class Filter: pwd_2k
Upper Class Filter: Cdralw2k
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: Cdr4_xp
Lower Class Filter: Pfc
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.0.6.1
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (c) GEAR Software Inc. 2006

Filter Name: pwd_2k
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\pwd_2k.sys
File Version: 6.0.0.171
File Description: Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver
Product Name: Drag-to-Disc
Product Version: 6.0.0.171
Company Name: Roxio
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Roxio, Inc.

Filter Name: Cdralw2k
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Cdralw2k.sys
File Version: 8.0.0.212
File Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
Product Version: 8.0.0.212
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: Cdr4_xp
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys
File Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

Filter Name: Pfc
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\pfc.sys
File Version: 2, 5, 0, 201 [2.5.0.201]
File Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Name: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Product Version: 2, 5, 0, 201 [2.5.0.201]
Company Name: Padus, Inc.
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 3.00.09a [3.0.9.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.1.7.0
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.1.7.0
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2007 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: pwd_2k
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\pwd_2k.sys
File Version: 6.0.0.171
File Description: Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver
Product Version: 6.0.0.171
Company Name: Roxio
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Roxio, Inc.

Bad bad bad. Drag to disc is packet writing software. Uninstall it. Packet writing software is terrible and known to cause conflicts with other programs, including Slysoft software. If you want drag and drop functionality, then use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

Filter Name: Cdralw2k
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Cdralw2k.sys
File Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

More drag-to-disc . . .

Filter Name: Cdr4_xp
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys
File Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

Bad bad bad. Drag to disc is packet writing software. Uninstall it. Packet writing software is terrible and known to cause conflicts with other programs, including Slysoft software. If you want drag and drop functionality, then use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

1. Uninstall Sonic Solutions' and Roxio's Drag to Disc packet writing program (just need to uninstall Drag to Disc). Reboot.

2. Check your filters again to ensure the three filter entries I quoted no longer appear.

OR

a) run imgburn
b)Go to "Tools"-->"Filter Drive Load Order"
c) Select "pwd_2k", "Cdralw2k" and "Cdr4_xp"; select "remove selected filter" for all three. Then click "ok" and reboot.
Keep in mind whatever program(s) installed those filters will no longer function properly

Last edited:
Thank you!

Right now I'm looking in "add or remove" and I don't see either program listed. Obviously they're still in my computer, so I need to see if I can locate them.

Thank you!

Right now I'm looking in "add or remove" and I don't see either program listed. Obviously they're still in my computer, so I need to see if I can locate them.

Well, you can do this if you want:

a) run imgburn
b)Go to "Tools"-->"Filter Drive Load Order"
c) Select "pwd_2k", "Cdralw2k" and "Cdr4_xp"; select "remove selected filter" for all three. Then click "ok" and reboot.
Keep in mind whatever program(s) installed those filters will no longer function properly

Having the same problem on CloneDVD2 but this is for an ISO file. What are my options?

Back