• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sound Quality Issues - SPDIF - Reclock

Jarvmeister

I'm using version 1.8.1.9 on a Vista Media Centre.

I'm running the SPDIF from the PC to my Marantz SR7001.

Video is nice and smooth - just what I wanted. However, I am aware that the sound has become affected in an adverse way. I'm fairly certain it's the audio timestretching that's responsible, but I'll find it difficult to describe the sound. Voices have an edge to them, deep bass sounds have slight hiss to them. Most people wouldn't notice - but to me it's really annoying.

Is there any way that this can be rectified. I've seen people talking about avoiding using SPDIF, but that was more to do with the video side and how reclock locks onto the audio signal to correct the video frame rate.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Incidentally, I noticed this on older versions of reclock too. And an older PC prior to my upgrade also demonstrated the same issue.

I'm using version 1.8.1.9 on a Vista Media Centre.

I'm running the SPDIF from the PC to my Marantz SR7001.

Video is nice and smooth - just what I wanted. However, I am aware that the sound has become affected in an adverse way. I'm fairly certain it's the audio timestretching that's responsible, but I'll find it difficult to describe the sound. Voices have an edge to them, deep bass sounds have slight hiss to them. Most people wouldn't notice - but to me it's really annoying.

Is there any way that this can be rectified. I've seen people talking about avoiding using SPDIF, but that was more to do with the video side and how reclock locks onto the audio signal to correct the video frame rate.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Incidentally, I noticed this on older versions of reclock too. And an older PC prior to my upgrade also demonstrated the same issue.
I suggest not to use audio time stretching if possible. If your display can use 24/48/72Hz refresh rates, you don't need it.

My display is a UK spec displaying at 50hz.

I will simply disable time stretching for now - and see what happens. Thanks.

Back