• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sound is kind of "funny"

Bubu69

Hi guys

I don't know what I did wrong but the sound from the mkv backup file sounds like coming out of a tin can. The picture is fine.

Title: Fast & Furious 7
ISBN: 9317731114748

How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance,

Bubu

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.5.0.Fast and Furious 7.cbdlog
    459.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi guys

I don't know what I did wrong but the sound from the mkv backup file sounds like coming out of a tin can. The picture is fine.

How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance,

Bubu
If that film has Cinavia, then there isn't much you can do, unless you uncheck the "Remove Cinavia watermark during CloneBD audio stream during copy" box. That setting needs to be enabled to get rid of Cinavia (in conjunction with AnyDVD) if the movie contains it.

Back to the issue at hand: If you uncheck the "Remove Cinavia watermark during CloneBD audio stream during copy" box, you can create an MKV without the tinny sound. One warning: if you try to play your MKV in something like PowerDVD, and if the movie contains Cinavia, then the MKV will stop playing at around 20 minutes or so into the movie.

You'll need to use CloneBD to check whether Fast & Furious 7 contains Cinavia or not.

You'll need to use CloneBD to check whether Fast & Furious 7 contains Cinavia or not.

I checked my Blu-Ray of FF7 and it definitely has Cinavia.

The message popped up in the Preview Player in less than 2 seconds!

@Bubu69 not sure if you have the UHD instead.

If so, that doesn't seem to have Cinavia on my copy.

T

Thanks @testiles and @whatever_gong82 for your help and hints.

Nope, haven't the UHD of FF7 just the BR. It's a BR from Germany. I fired up AnyDVD as usual followed by ClownBD.
There is no message popping up in the preview player nor I have the option with Cinavia anywhere. It behaves like an ordinary BR.

Bubu

Nope, haven't the UHD of FF7 just the BR. It's a BR from Germany. I fired up AnyDVD as usual followed by ClownBD.
There is no message popping up in the preview player nor I have the option with Cinavia anywhere. It behaves like an ordinary BR.

Bubu
You're welcome.

:)

Sometimes, the out of US Blu-ray discs don't have Cinavia for the English only audio sections of the disc, but not always.

You should, as an experiment, make an MKV without the setting enabled that I mentioned earlier, and play it in anything that isn't PowerDVD. You should be ok then, because other non-Blu-ray Disc Association players such as VLC, JRiver Media Center, and so on, don't care about Cinavia, and will play your MKV without issue. I'd also look up MKVCleaver and/or MKVToolNix via Google as efficient and useful tools to use if you should ever have problems playing your MKVs in any software program you use.

I don't use Power DVD. I use either VLC or the good old Media Player which comes with the K-Lite Codec Pack.

There aren't really much options left in ClownBD. I can try a MP4 with a single language and that's basicalky it.

I'll try over the weekend and keep you updated. Many thanks guys

I don't use Power DVD. I use either VLC or the good old Media Player which comes with the K-Lite Codec Pack.

There aren't really much options left in ClownBD. I can try a MP4 with a single language and that's basicalky it.

I'll try over the weekend and keep you updated. Many thanks guys
You're welcome again.

:)

I do own PowerDVD, but I understand why some (A lot, actually!!) don't want it, use it, or own it. I keep a copy of PowerDVD Ultra for when I rip a Blu-ray into ISO, just before I use CloneBD, I have PowerDVD check to see if it's Blu-ray compliant. If not, then I'll post an AnyDVD log to help the workers get to the crux of the problem. I do have and use Media Player, though.

I'd try MPC-BE (Google it.) It's lightweight, works on Windows and other Operating Systems, and it is Free. It's always good to have another tool to have to play your MKVs or other video formats.

Hi guys

How can I fix that?

Thanks in advance,

Bubu
Make sure, "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD ..." is disabled in AnyDVD settings. Or click "default".

then the MKV will stop playing at around 20 minutes or so into the movie.
No, PowerDVD ignores Cinavia, if it doesn't originate from an optical disc.
Cinavia is just a *non issue* nowadays, with NAS playback etc.

Last edited:

There is no message popping up in the preview player nor I have the option with Cinavia anywhere.

No problem, guy.

Is ClownBD able to detect Cinavia as CloneBD does?

Or do you actually mean CloneBD?

No, PowerDVD ignores Cinavia, if it doesn't originate from an optical disc.

That's good to know.

Then if Bubu69 is creating an .mkv he doesn't really need AnyDVD's remove Cinavia processing and that's why you're recommending turning it off to get the full sound back.

I get it now.

T

Sorry for the delay guys.

I am not 100% sure but it seems more to be a down sampling problem.
When I rip FF7 without any changes in size it seems to be fine. We found another movie with the same problem: Expendables 1.

I have also the Media Player classic available but I would like to avoid PowerDVD. It's like a pest with all these additional installations.

Any thoughts on this?

Another stupid question (yes, I know... not the right corner...) : I have FF7 as 4K as well. How do you guys get the computer to read the disc? My Drive should be able to read it.

Bubu

Sorry for the delay guys.

I am not 100% sure but it seems more to be a down sampling problem.
When I rip FF7 without any changes in size it seems to be fine. We found another movie with the same problem: Expendables 1.

I have also the Media Player classic available but I would like to avoid PowerDVD. It's like a pest with all these additional installations.

Any thoughts on this?

Another stupid question (yes, I know... not the right corner...) : I have FF7 as 4K as well. How do you guys get the computer to read the disc? My Drive should be able to read it.

Bubu
Did you follow the advice in James' first message?

Did you follow the advice in James' first message?

Sure. That was the first thing I checked.

I figured over the last couple of days out that my BDXL Drive LG BH16NS55 had the firmware version 1.04 which blocks it from reading 4K Blu-Rays. I needed a downgrade, what 1.04 blocks as well and only 1.03 was on LGs web-site available, and had to flash a Libre Friendly firmware onto it. After that I could read my 4K FF8 disc. Unbelievable what some manufacturers are trying to block people from accessing their property.

The rip from the FF8 4K disc sounds fine to me but took even with an i7 ages. I have to check that on the big TV :)

I still try convert the normal Blu-Ray from FF7 and FF6. I'll keep you posted when I figure something out.

Back