• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sound delaying

Response For Mike & Spanky

Well . . . this is what I thought you guys might say after watching this Clone DVD Mobile video clip.

This Mp4 video clip does in fact have a slight delay - sync audio/video problem that is visible when watching the lips move and listening to the audio sound track, however many people do not look that close to notice anything is wrong.

I guess my years as a pilot have made me more sensitive to these quality control issues :eek:

Thanks again for your feed-back.

Man I've watched it five times and I can't see it's off a millisecond. If you are that sensitive you'll probably never be satisfied with a mobile device. And if you are a commercial airline pilot I'm glad you are!

Man I've watched it five times and I can't see it's off a millisecond. If you are that sensitive you'll probably never be satisfied with a mobile device. And if you are a commercial airline pilot I'm glad you are!
PilotDan has convinced himself that it's off so nothing will change that.
he might have a playback issue with his software or mobile device with this particular video file.
but i dunno...i cant fault that clip.

Response For Mike & Spanky

You guys are exactly right in your assessment . . . I am very particular when it comes to flying and also when watching video and this Clone DVD Mobile audio/video sync issue is perplexing for me as you say.

Most of the time I can ignore the audio/video sync problem except for slow moving movie dialog sequences that center on the actors face. Watching lips still moving after the audio has finished certainly detracts from the enjoyment of watching the film on my Zune Mp3 player.

As an aside . . . this audio/video sync problem has been acknowledged by Fernando at SlySoft earlier in this thread so I am not the only one who can see it.

I quote: "there are still some sync problems but those are caused by a broken AC3 stream. Fix on the way".

I remain hopeful that SlySoft is working on a "fix" which will better synchronize the encoded Clone DVD Mobile audio and video.

Last edited:
this audio/video sync problem has been acknowledged by Fernando at SlySoft earlier in this thread so I am not the only one who can see it.
your file's had 10 views,and no one else can see 'it' :doh:

Video is indeed out of sync in that example.
fernando was referring to my file.
i watched both the my dvd and the cdvdm file of it,and the playback of each was identical so the 'error' (for those who thought there was) must have been on the dvd that i took it off.
that's the last i'm saying on this now.

Last edited:
Another Reply For Mike

I do realize the audio/video sync problem may be difficult for some people to see and I have been looking for a better example that demonstrates this problem for you. Earlier in this thread a clip from the movie Wall E was offered to show that there was no audio/video discrepancy in the encoded Clone DVD Mobile Mp4 file.

I was watching Wall E last night on my Zune 120 and found a very good example that graphically demonstrates how the encoded Clone DVD Mobile audio track precedes the video track by a fraction of a second.

This short clip shows Eva beginning her investigation for plant life after she is dropped off in the rocket ship. Eva fly's around the area creating a super sonic boom while Wall E watches her from behind a big pile of rocks. At the very end of this clip you will see Wall E disturb a small rock where he is hiding and make a sound which causes Eva to fire a shot at Wall E.

Notice how the sound of the super sonic boom, the falling rock and Eva's shot at Wall E "precedes" the video of these 3 events by a fraction of a second.

I sure hope the audio/video sync problem is easier to see and hear for everyone in this short clip (see attached).

Last edited:
Anyone can see that clip is out of sync, but the others are fine.

Response For Spanky

Thank you for validating this Clone DVD Mobile audio/video sync problem for me.

I would like to say that, not only is this short clip out of sync, but all the movies I have encoded into the Mp4 format for my Zune 120 using Clone DVD Mobile exhibit the exact same audio/video out of sync issue.

The delay starts at the beginning and remains constant throughout the entire movie which leads me to believe there is definitely an audio/video sync problem inherent in the Clone DVD Mobile Mp4 encoding process :eek:

Last edited:
I'm not validating anything PilotDan, CDM has problems with a few titles but the CloneDVD rip is a workaround at least for me. Use clone including all titles and menus. Click preferences and and make sure the box under remastering is checked, this so the software can do its thing removing streams. Then set the quality for a dual layer (DVD -9) so there is no compression. I'll include screenshots. Then use CDM 1.5.0.4 on the HDD folder. Works for me even on the tough ones.

Attachments

• Clone1.jpg
    Clone1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Clone2.jpg
    Clone2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My question is what is the difference between cloning the entire DVD, minus audio languages you don't want, and just cloning the video minus everything else on the DVD.

With very very very few exceptions I only clone the main movie, no menus, no extras, no compression - DVD9.

Basically just curious as to why the difference (if there really is any) in CloneDVDmobile's ability to rip to any video format without audio/video synch issues.

I don't know what the difference is if any between clone and main movie. There is a difference in the way CDM rips and CloneDVD though, and again I don't know what it is. I know for sure that I have a couple DVDs that will not complete in CDM, the sync gets so far off the program bails out. But if I rip it with Clone the way I've outlined, remastered, it completes perfectly. Main movie might work just fine but my way ain't broke so I ain't fixing it.

Reply For Everyone

I thank everyone for their "feedback" on the audio/video sync issue with Clone DVD Mobile and I'll continue to hold out hope that SlySoft can develop a "fix" for this issue.

For now . . . I'll continue to use Clone DVD Mobile and try to ignore the audio/video sync problem as best I can, but I am also going to start investigating other software conversion programs to see if I can find one that doesn't have this audio & video sync problem like Clone DVD Mobile does.

Last edited:
I don't know what the difference is if any between clone and main movie.
clone=all titles are checked.
copy dvd titles=only the main movie is checked to begin with-this will also give you better quality on the main movie as no extra titles will be hogging valuble blank disc space.
(you can override this by checking additional titles but quality will suffer,of course).

Last edited:
clone=all titles are checked.
copy dvd titles=only the main movie is checked to begin with-this will also give you better quality on the main movie as no extra titles will be hogging valuble blank disc space.
(you can override this by checking additional titles but quality will suffer,of course).

Thanks for the info but I was mainly talking about the way the software handles the files, any difference in the remastering. I can't begin to understand the behind the scenes mechanics :disagree: only what works and what doesn't.

Feedback For Spanky

As Mike has stated and I understand the process . . . there is just so much room on a regular one-layer DVD-5 disc and most commercial DVD-9 dual layer discs exceed this limit. This means that if you want to copy the entire commercial DVD-9 and burn everything onto your own DVD-5, a great amount of compression will be necessary to make everything fit.

The less data you copy from the original commercial DVD, the less compression is necessary which will then make your DVD copy much closer to the original and a much better copy.

I always just copy the main movie which then gives me the very highest quality copy possible :)

Audio Synchronization Function

Just to keep this thread active I was wondering if anyone might know if Clone DVD Mobile could be configured to include an audio synchronization setting similar to an option available in many media players like VLC Media Player and Media Player Classic.

VLC Media Player and Media Player Classic can be fine tuned to either advance or retard the audio track in milliseconds if the audio sound track is not playing in sync with the video. A feature like this may not be possible during the Clone DVD Mobile audio/video encoding operation but I thought I would ask the experts out there that might know the answer to this question.

If Clone DVD Mobile had a setting like this, the audio track could be fine tuned by the user to meet various audio/video playback scenarios quite nicely :agree:

Last edited:
Just to keep this thread active I was wondering if anyone might know if Clone DVD Mobile could be configured to include an audio synchronization setting similar to an option available in many media players like VLC Media Player and Media Player Classic.

VLC Media Player and Media Player Classic can be fine tuned to either advance or retard the audio track in milliseconds if the audio sound track is not playing in sync with the video. A feature like this may not be possible during the Clone DVD Mobile audio/video encoding operation but I thought I would ask the experts out there that might know the answer to this question.

If Clone DVD Mobile had a setting like this, the audio track could be fine tuned by the user to meet various audio/video playback scenarios quite nicely :agree:
Software players can do this on the fly (as can most high-end receivers). However, CloneDvdMobile is not a software player. Your only option is to transcode with a delay built-in, as e.g. in the devices.ini profile for Generic divx
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1

I came to this forum because I'm having the same issue as PilotDan with the audio being out of sync. It's only a fraction of a split second off, but it does get annoying. I'm watching on an iPod 80gb, though. Just saying.

Question For Profcolli

OK . . . I understand so . . . can you tell me exactly (step by step) how I can set this up on my computer for my Zune 120 so that Clone DVD Mobile will properly transcode the video & audio using the Zune Mp4 profile setting?

I do not understand how to set up the devices.ini profile for a delay (mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1)

Thanks for your "hand-holding" for this procedure :clap:

Dan

Last edited:
OK . . . I understand so . . . can you tell me exactly (step by step) how I can set this up on my computer for my Zune 120 so that Clone DVD Mobile will properly transcode the video & audio using the Zune Mp4 profile setting?

I do not understand how to set up the devices.ini profile for a delay (mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1)

Thanks for your "hand-holding" for this procedure :clap:

Dan
I was referring to the generic divx profile which already has the audio delay built in, which solved the problems for those using divx. I personally find that generic wmv has never given any audio problems, but I don't know what is best for the Zune mp4. They use different audio codecs.

If you can create a file using the generic wmv profile and then sync it to your player using WMP10 or 11 (or the Zune software), I would think you might be ok. A lot of devices require a two-step process like that. Try it and see.

Back