• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sound delaying

Yes . . . most of my movies are being converted from DVD-5's that I have backed up, however I have the exact same audio/video sync problem when I convert a movie for my Zune 120 from an original DVD-9 using Clone DVD Mobile V1.5.0.2b as I have just now verified using an original DVD-9 of Black Hawk Down.

There simply has to be a "bug" in Clone DVD Mobile as Fernando says for this program to consistently produce the audio/video sync problems that people have been experiencing. The audio/video sync problem appears whether they are using originals or they are using back-up's :doh:

Warm regards,

Pilot Dan

I use mp4 files, but for the PS3 and PSP, and have pretty good luck if from the DVD. Speed Racer wouldn't sync no matter what, no great loss there.
1.5.0.2 fixed my sync problem for the most part. Sorry you can't get the Zune going.

Continuing Audio Sync Problem

Fernando stated . . . I'm currently making CloneBD so Mobile is getting somehow behind & CloneBD will also replace Mobile as application.

I want to keep this thread alive because the infamous "audio/video sync problem" still exists with the current version of Clone DVD Mobile so . . . has anyone heard anything about a new version of Clone DVD Mobile coming from SlySoft that specifically addresses this audio sync issue?

The program encodes Mp4 video superbly onto my 120 Gb Zune however the audio always trails behind the video by a micro second which makes watching dialog less than enjoyable to say the very least.

It would be a fantastic Christmas present indeed if SlySoft would issue an update that resolves everyones Clone DVD Mobile audio/video sync problems :agree:

Last edited:
PilotDan,

I don’t know if this will work for you, but I have several movies in my collection that I just could not get the A/V sync on no matter what I tried. Speed Racer that I mentioned in the post above yours is just one. The 1994 release of Bram Stoker’s Dracula would get so far out of sync it would error out 1.5.0.4, same if I ripped it with AnyDVD, so one day I tried to rip it with CloneDVD just to see if the disk was bad, DVD -9 settings, output to the hard drive. Then I tried 1.5.0.4 on it just to see and viola! It worked great! So I went back to Speed Racer, Ratatouille and several others I never could get to sync, all worked fine with no A/V sync issues. Like I said it might not work for you, but it has for me (so far) it can’t hurt to try it.

~Steve~

Audio/Video Sync Problem

Steve,

I'm not exactly sure I fully understand your comment . . . "I tried to rip it with CloneDVD just to see if the disk was bad, DVD -9 settings, output to the hard drive".Then I tried 1.5.0.4 on it just to see and viola! It worked great!

Are you saying . . . make a DVD file on your computer's hard drive using Clone DVD and then use this exact same file to re-create the video file using Clone DVD Mobile?

I've never done this before and it seems like a lot more effort (creating an additional video file). Can you elaborate a little more on the exact steps you use to go through this whole process?

Thanks for your help :clap:

Sure it is more effort but it fixes the sync issue at least for me using PSP mp4 files.

1. Rip the full disk to the hard drive (DL ±R) DVD -9 settings using CloneDVD. It rips different than AnyDVD and CDM, don't know why?

2. Then use CloneDVDmobile on the folder that you saved to the hard drive.

I found this by accident, so I can't why it lines up the A/V, I just know it has for me so far.

Reply For Spanky

Steve,

Thanks for your additional instructions . . . I'll give it a try.

I still am hopping that SlySoft can come up with a "fix" for the audio/video sync problem because this procedure is really a lot of additional work and time to go through for each movie.

I'm sure they will fix it, if this indeed works for you it is just temporary until a real fix comes along.

Really it's only about 10 mins. additional time for Clone to rip the movie, it's pretty quick.

I've been meaning to try DivX this way to try on the PS3, maybe this weekend.

Reply For Spanky

Thanks for your input once again. I'll try your method using a movie that I just added to my Zune 120 recently . . . Hellboy II.

This movie has lots of close-up dialog and I found it very tiring to continually see the actors mouth still moving after they had finished speaking :eek:

Last edited:
Sure it is more effort but it fixes the sync issue at least for me using PSP mp4 files.

1. Rip the full disk to the hard drive (DL ±R) DVD -9 settings using CloneDVD. It rips different than AnyDVD and CDM, don't know why?

2. Then use CloneDVDmobile on the folder that you saved to the hard drive.

I found this by accident, so I can't why it lines up the A/V, I just know it has for me so far.

Now are you ripping the whole movie, menus and all or just the movie itself?

Just wondering because I rip all my movies to the HD with the DVD9 settings. However I have had limited success with the converted DVD9 ripped files with CDVDm to MP4 with the A/V synch issues.

Yeah Danger, actually I use the Clone DVD selection (the middle one) and select the DVD -9 setting so there won't be any transcoding done at all. It's worked so far, but that doesn't mean there aren't titles that it won't do. I'm running the latest beta or release on both programs and have extracted the zipped files included on both to their respective directories.

Last edited:
Update For Spanky

Well . . . I tried your procedure when I got home from work tonight.

I created a video file using Clone DVD (I could not find a DVD-9 setting?). I then used Clone DVD Mobile to create the Mp4 video file for my Zune.

When I watched the resulting video, the audio/video sync delay problem is exactly the same as it was before. If you have any more suggestions I am wide open and as I stated earlier . . . I sincerely hope SlySoft is working on a "fix" for this audio/video "out of sync" problem.

I really don't want to purchase another computer program to transpose my Zune videos because I really love my Clone DVD, Clone DVD Mobile and Any DVD and I sincerely appreciate the way SlySoft treats their customers :clap:

I just did WALL E using my method and the Zune profile. I don't have a Zune but the A/V is spot on with VLC and Show Time. I'll attach a small bit and maybe you can see what it looks like on your end:

Reply For Spanky

Well . . . your clip of Wall E doesn't have very much footage to judge the audio track syncing up to the video of the lip movements in this cartoon. The few seconds I saw of the space ship captain talking still has the same audio/video offset on my VLC media player. I also tried playing the clip using my Show Time media player but I couldn't get any sound at all :eek:

Last edited:
You can't get much video for 10MB, which is the limit here on the forum.

It is flawless for me and don't work for you, I think we write this up to "we tried" and move on. Something is different and I wouldn't know where to begin to look for it.

Reply For Spanky

Once again I want to thank you for your help in trying to find a way to get the audio and video to sync up properly on my Zune 120.

I still remain hopeful that SlySoft is working on a "fix" that will resolve this Clone DVD Mobile encoding issue :doh:

Just watched the clip Spanky uploaded in Windows Media Player under Vista 64bit and the audio was in sync just fine.

Just watched the clip Spanky uploaded in Windows Media Player under Vista 64bit and the audio was in sync just fine.

Thanks bud, it worked here in 3 different computers, the PSP mp4 is fine and the DivX for the PS3 is good. I'm beginning to think maybe PilotDan has a different issue.

Clone DVD Sync Demo

I've attached a short demo of my Clone DVD Mobile - Zune audio/video sync problem for everyone to watch, hopefully you will be able to see the sync problem I have been talking about on this thread.

Please watch this short clip from one of my favorite musician's Alison Krauss singing "Your The Lucky One" while watching her video lip movements and the associated audio sound track.

Last edited:
Yeah, the clip looks fine to me PilotDan, it's right on the money!

Back