• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sound delaying

speednissen

Hi

When i make a mp4 file from a DVD to my Ipod Touch the sound is'nt syncronize. What can i do??????

Speednissen

more info please.....

Can you please gather and offer us some information here, including:

* DVD titles (including region code or even better: country)

* Some info regarding computer hardware might also be helpful, though not really likely - you never know.
* The exact settings used in CloneDVD mobile, deinterlacing on/off, quality setting, resolution, ...

Are you using the latest version from our site? 1201

This kind of thing is difficult to duplicate. Whatever, give us a look into what you are doing in the from/to process and we'll go on from there.

Re: My Sound Is Delaying Also

Frank . . . I submitted a trouble ticket (#20081016148523) to SlySoft and they said to post information on this forum so here it is . . .

I purchased a new Zune 120 MP3 player and loaded all my music on it and then started to load some of my favorite movies using my copy of the latest Clone DVD Mobile V1.5.0.2. I used the recommended Clone DVD Mobile settings to convert my movies into the correct Microsoft Zune (MP4) format for the screen display of 320x240 however when I watch the two movies I have now converted on my Zune (The Incredibles & War Of The Worlds) the sound does not sync-up with the video. The audio is slightly delayed/offset from the video from the very start of these two movies all the way through to the end of the movies.

This audio delay seems to stay constant throughout the length of the movie and makes viewing very disconcerting because the sound is always coming slightly after the lips move.

I am using a Windows XP Pro, 1 Gb of RAM, ServicePack 3.0, Intel 2.26 processor, Nvidia GeForce TI-4400 video card, Creative Sound Blaster Live audio card on a ASUS P4T533-C 133 Mhz motherboard and converting my movies using a SONY DVD RW DRU-830A drive.

I had read somewhere that this new version of Clone DVD Mobile had solved this problem so I had high hopes I wouldn't encounter the same audio sync problem that other people have written about.

The Clone DVD Mobile video plays absolutely fine on my Zune so if there is a way/setting/work around, etc, to solve this very perplexing audio sync problem I will be a very happy camper indeed.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Last edited:
I'm currently making CloneBD so Mobile is getting somehow behind. CloneBD will also replace Mobile as application.

On monday there'll be a new beta with some additional packet handling that should correct audio-behind issues. Then there's also an enhanced packet analyser so I can see what's wrong with some trashy multiplexed DVDs.

Question For Fernando

I am not sure I completely understand what you are saying . . .

You say: "I'm currently making CloneBD so Mobile is getting somehow behind. CloneBD will also replace Mobile as application. On monday there'll be a new beta with some additional packet handling that should correct audio-behind issues. Then there's also an enhanced packet analyser so I can see what's wrong with some trashy multiplexed DVDs."

Do you mean that CloneDB is going to somehow completely replace Clone DVD Mobile with the ability to convert DVD movies into the correct format to play on portable MP3 players like my Zune 120?

Currently Clone DVD cannot convert DVD's into the correct video format for MP3 players. I may be missing something here?

I just read another thread on this forum and found a possible reason behind the audio/video sync problem that should be investigated by SlySoft: One thing I’ve noticed, if the DVD or HDD folder has been compressed to DVD-5 before CloneDVDmobile the A/V sync is off by a lot but if ripped to an HDD folder by AnyDVD or from the original DVD the sync is good. This may not be definitive but the correlation is very strong after several attempts.

This comment makes some sense to me because I am using DVD's that I have converted to DVD-5's using Clone DVD.

Once again, thanks for your help to resolve this audio out of sync problem. If you can get the audio to play in sync with the video you will have a "killer app" for sure!!

Last edited:
If you can get the audio to play in sync with the video you will have a "killer app" for sure!!
as far as i am concerned,it already is "a "killer app"".
the majority of people using clonedvdmobile (inc. myself) don't have audio/video sync issues.

There are still some sync problems but those are caused by a broken AC3 stream. Fix on the way.

CloneBD will also replace Mobile as application.
will an upgrade be needed? (ie you'll be able use cdvdm capability as an existing customer,but bd part will be 'locked' unless a key is purchased to unlock bd features?).
thanks.

I have no idea but I think it'll be as you said. But again, that's a personal opinion.

Re: Fix Is On The Way

Fernando . . . I guess I shouldn't be quiet so hard on you guys.

As Mike said: as far as I am concerned, it already is a killer app. I totally agree with Mike and am overjoyed to read the comment you wrote just now acknowledging the audio/video sync situation with Clone DVD Mobile.

I know everyone at SlySoft works very hard to fix operational problems like this so I am looking forward to your next Clone DVD Mobile update that will hopefully solve the audio/video sync problem for my new Zune 120.

Thank you once again for your . . . killer app :clap:

Last edited:
solve the audio/video sync problem for my new Zune 120.
play the created file on your computer.
is the audio/video synchronised?

you only mentioned it being out of sync on your zune 120.

here's a short video clip (of alan partridge) that was made using cdvdm's zune profile.
video and audio is sychronised:

Last edited:
Reply For Mike

I played your video clip on a brand new high speed Windows XP Pro PC here at work using VLC Media Player and as far as I can tell the audio is slightly out of sync with the video exactly like the two movies I have recently converted for my Zune 120.

I know you say the audio is synchronized but it sure appears to me to be exactly the same offset as what I am seeing on my Zune 120.

I may be a little more demanding than you are when viewing a movie but I still see a slight offset between the audio and the video when comparing lip movements and the corresponding sound track voice on your Alan Partridge video clip.

I also experimented a bit with VLC's extended interface audio synchronization adjustment feature by moving the + and - setting while your video clip played but I was not able to get the audio into any better sync with the video.

I was not able to get the audio into any better sync with the video.

maybe cos that is as good as you're gonna get.
you maybe interpreting 'movement' in the (low bit rate) video which makes it look like the audio and video are out.
it'll be interesting to hear a slysoft team members view on it if that possible.

note: if you think there is a fault on that video clip,then it must be on my original dvd.i just compared the two clips,and the sound and video on them both is the same.

i'd watch your original dvd(s) to make sure what you're seeing is the same as the cdvdm mp4 conversion.

Last edited:
Video is indeed out of sync in that example. And again CloneBD and Mobile will fix those. SlySoft used mencoder as transcoder and now switched to ffmpeg. But both applications are somehow buggy concerning timestamp handling so SlySoft again will switch the transcoder.

We will now use our own transcoder that uses libavcodec and libavformat (from FFmpeg) to produce correct and accurate movie files. This takes some time to develop as you can imagine. The new transcoder engine is capable of reading and creating DVD, HD-DVD and BD streams and has an extremely accurate timestamp handler.

The new engine will be able to decode all audio streams (except DTS HD in lossless mode), all subtitles (HD-DVD and BD) and can downmix DTS and EAC3. And has of course all the features that CloneDVD, CloneDVD mobile had. Plus many you requested like multiple subs, better automatic black-border handling, audio preview, matroska format with chapter information to name a few.

This new engine will first be integrated into CloneDVD mobile. So look out for something with version 2 in a few (months|years).

Reply To Mike & Fernando

Mike & Fernando . . . thank you both so much for your input on this perplexing audio/video out of sync problem.

Like I said before . . . I am probably a little more discriminating than some people so I am happy to hear that Fernando agrees with me. I will be waiting with baited breath for the revised Clone DVD Mobile libavcodec and libavformat (from FFmpeg) version to correct the audio/video out of sync issue.

I just hope the new Clone DVD Mobile version 2 will be available in a few months rather than in a few years as Fernando says (BIG SMILE).

Thanks again guys :clap:

Last edited:
Another Audio/Video Test

Fernando . . . yesterday I decided to add a few more of my favorite movies to my Zune 120 using Clone DVD Mobile.

I converted 7 of my DVD movies into the Zune MP4 format and then watched 2 of my favorite (Aeonflux & Solaris). Both of these movies have a lot of close-up slow dialog; especially Solaris.

I was able to confirm beyond a shadow of doubt the audio/video out-of-sync problem that currently exists with Clone DVD Mobile and am looking forward with great anticipation to the next SlySoft update which will hopefully solve this audio/video sync conversion problem :)

Warm regards,

Pilot Dan

Last edited:
PilotDan, just out of curiosity are you making the movies for your Zune from movies that have already been compressed for DVD-5? I have an A/V sync issue with that, but not so much if directly from the DVD or ripped to the HDD with AnyDVD.

Video is indeed out of sync in that example. And again CloneBD and Mobile will fix those. SlySoft used mencoder as transcoder and now switched to ffmpeg. But both applications are somehow buggy concerning timestamp handling so SlySoft again will switch the transcoder.

We will now use our own transcoder that uses libavcodec and libavformat (from FFmpeg) to produce correct and accurate movie files. This takes some time to develop as you can imagine. The new transcoder engine is capable of reading and creating DVD, HD-DVD and BD streams and has an extremely accurate timestamp handler.

The new engine will be able to decode all audio streams (except DTS HD in lossless mode), all subtitles (HD-DVD and BD) and can downmix DTS and EAC3. And has of course all the features that CloneDVD, CloneDVD mobile had. Plus many you requested like multiple subs, better automatic black-border handling, audio preview, matroska format with chapter information to name a few.

This new engine will first be integrated into CloneDVD mobile. So look out for something with version 2 in a few (months|years).

Sounded awesome... right up till that last part... years?

EDIT: Thought I should also mention I was having this problem when I was using v1.2.0.1, using v1.5.0.2 the audio/video synch problem has
disappeared for me. I am converting for DVD - MP4 @ 640x### highest quality for playing off my Zune 120 to my TV.

Last edited:
Answer For Spanky

Yes . . . most of my movies are being converted from DVD-5's that I have backed up, however I have the exact same audio/video sync problem when I convert a movie for my Zune 120 from an original DVD-9 using Clone DVD Mobile V1.5.0.2b as I have just now verified using an original DVD-9 of Black Hawk Down.

There simply has to be a "bug" in Clone DVD Mobile as Fernando says for this program to consistently produce the audio/video sync problems that people have been experiencing. The audio/video sync problem appears whether they are using originals or they are using back-up's :doh:

Warm regards,

Pilot Dan

Last edited:
Back