• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
Sony blank media is not recommended blank media (unless it's made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden). Use Verbatim (not made in India) or Taiyo Yuden, and update your burner's firmware if available.

Last edited:
Sony media is not reliable. I was given a 50 pk. of +R (I believe D21 was the media ID) and at least 15 of the 50 were bad.

Now, to get back on track here the OP is not saying that they are using Sony blanks. They are having an issue copying and burning Sony released movies. Reread the original post. They go on to say Paramount movies and others don't exhibit the same issue.
I'm fully aware of that. DrinkLyeAndDie,
In case you're wondering, I was replying to oldjoe's comment and not Joram's comment. He made a statement that SONY DVD+R blank media is giving burn issues and I was compelled to reply saying I haven't experienced non...so I assume, he has a slowly dieing DVD Burner. :)

Other dvd's from different companies as Paramount etc.. works fine.

Ya.. this was the clue...... R.I.F. :)

That said, I've personally had great luck with Sony DVD-R's when I can't get Verbatims. (just sayin)

-W

Not sure

Anydvd doesn't burn. So Slysoft cannot address the issue you're having. This is not an Anydvd issue.

And Sony blank media is not recommended blank media (unless it's made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden). Use Verbatim (not made in India) or Taiyo Yuden, and update your burner's firmware if available.

I have been using sony disks for Over a year now. I have never had a bad burn yet. I used 100 so far without a problem. I have 200 left. Do i have to worry they wont work later. Paid alot for them. They are the dvd+r Not sure where they were made.

I have been using sony disks for Over a year now. I have never had a bad burn yet. I used 100 so far without a problem. I have 200 left. Do i have to worry they wont work later. Paid alot for them. They are the dvd+r Not sure where they were made.

While not as inconsistent as Memorex, Sony D21s are what I would consider to be "middle of the road". They are certainly not as consistently good as Taiyo Yuden. So if you're paying a lot for Sonys, it would be far wiser to buy Taiyo Yuden. If you're in the U.S., one source is http://www.supermediastore.com/

Back