• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SONY PS3 read error 80029941

StefanoA

Hello recently (I can not say exactly at what version of AnyDVD HD) I can not play NEW ripped BD titles on my Sony PS3. BD's copied with older ANYDVD-HD are not a problem but when want to play BD wich are made with the new version, the error message "This video can not be played (80029941)" appear!
For a test, I used BD-RE. Currently ripped BD's will not play, if I copy an old ripped BD title on the same BD-RE I have no problems!
It must have something to do with the newer versions of AnyDVD. On the PC I dont see any probems! Currently I use 7.0.9.0

Last edited:
O.k. here is the LOG its from TRON German version!

But as I mentioned I did try 3-4 different BD titles, with the same result.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.9.0_Info_O_Disc.zip
    80.9 KB · Views: 9
This appears to have been modified to a 'movie only' disc, so I'm not sure how you can claim it's AnyDVD HD giving the problem as it looks like it's been post processed in something else

They OP may have misunderstood what FurryGuy meant by "any disc giving you the problem".

@OP, the logs need to be from the ORIGINAL disc, not the copy you made.

It's helpful that he did post that logfile though as it appears to show that the copy has been processed through something else and been made in to a 'movie only' disc. The only way you can definitively claim that it's an AnyDVD HD issue would be to rip it to an ISO then burn that back with no other processing done to the disc and then see if that works.

Hello I use BDinfo and TSMUXER because most BD's are to big to get them on a 25GB BR-r. In the past I have very good results with them.

I did not chance the version of BDinfo and TSMUXER. Only ANYDVD-HD is changed. Thats why I thought it could be ANYDVD-HD.

Of cause the problem could be caused by TSMUXER. I posted this to see if others had the same experience...

I will try to get a BD-RE DL and make 1:1 copies to verify this

Last edited:
The sticky I linked to says to provide a log file from the ORIGINAL disc, not a copy. Providing a log from a copy does absolutely nothing for the developers.

here the log of the original BD!

What I did try now:
I did reinstall ANYDVD-HD 7.0.6
I made a 1:1 copy of the original BD on my HDD
I did copy this all the files on a BD-RE DL WITHOUT postprocessing!!

Again the PS3 cant read this 1:1 BD-RE DL!

Next I will try the ISO method....

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.6.0_Info_O_UMSTAENDLICH_VERLIEBT.zip
    172.5 KB · Views: 5
An other new effect I did not see in the past.... WIN7 seems to have problems reading the 2 main FOLDERS on BD's when ANYDVD is running... many times I see only the desktop.ini on BD's I did burn...

I have to close ANYDVD, reload the BD and then the folders appear again....

Not sure if this is the problem or not, but try playing one of the BD-Rs that won't work in your player in another PS3, just to be sure.

That error message is usually associated with a dying drive/laser in the PS3. Could be that it's having difficulty reading the newer discs you are making (different brand/batch of BD-Rs or something like that could also be the problem). It could still work on most discs, but just fails occasionally, so it may not seem like it's hardware related...

Just so you don't waste a lot of time ripping/burning if it's actually an intermittent hardware problem with the player...

You were saying that it worked on older versions of AnyDVD HD and that the issue was with newer versions, but you've installed an older version and it still doesn't work, that combined with the issue of not being able to see the folders properley unless you exit AnyDVD HD and reload the disc would imply the problem is somewhere else. What are you using to burn the discs?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the problem or not, but try playing one of the BD-Rs that won't work in your player in another PS3, just to be sure.

That error message is usually associated with a dying drive/laser in the PS3. Could be that it's having difficulty reading the newer discs you are making (different brand/batch of BD-Rs or something like that could also be the problem). It could still work on most discs, but just fails occasionally, so it may not seem like it's hardware related...

Just so you don't waste a lot of time ripping/burning if it's actually an intermittent hardware problem with the player...

I did encounter this while burning on 25G BD-R's, did try 2 , then switched from NERO to CDBurnerXP...
I did not find an older BD-R I did make that show this error on my PS3...
For better testing I do use now BD-RE and a BD-RE DL (SONY).
If I copy an older BD-R on the BD-RE it also works on my PS3... So I believe I can say it is not the BD-r I use who causes this!

You were saying that it worked on older versions of AnyDVD HD and that the issue was with newer versions, but you've installed an older version and it still doesn't work, that combined with the issue of not being able to see the folders properley unless you exit AnyDVD HD and reload the disc would imply the problem is somewhere else. What are you using to burn the discs?

Nero essentials until a view days and CDBurnerXP now for comparisson...

So if I cant "see" the folders with AnyDVD HD, and I can "see" them without what has nothing to do with AnyDVD HD? Interesting logic....

It is not that simple, if I read the BD-RE before I start AnyDVD HD, then I can see and browse the folders also after I start AnyDVD HD.... so its a little complected... this folder problem is not 100% the same every time...

Last edited:
As a test I just ripped my copy of Tron using the latest AnyDVD HD, and wrote that to a BD-RE and it plays fine in my PS3, although I do use Imgburn to burn my discs as it always checks your settings

Last edited:
As a test I just ripped my copy of Tron using the latest AnyDVD HD, and wrote that to a BD-RE and it plays fine in my PS3, although I do use Imgburn to burn my discs as it always checks your settings

Did you rip the complete BD or do you use 25GB BR-RE?? Any postprocessing??

Folder Problem:

1. BD-RE with copy of a BD is inserted, AnyDVD reads and correctly shows data of this unprotected BD

2. I open File explorer of WIN7, it shows a EMPTY BD-RE no folders only an desktop.ini file 22,5GB free of 22,5GB

3. I close AnyDVD

4. I try to read again the BD-re (witch is still in the drive), now I can see the folders and I have 395MB free from 22,5GB...

Thats only with the new written BD's & BD-RE.....

Last edited:
the desktop.ini file should not be on the disc, if you read it properly you'll probably see that it's a file waiting to be written to disc.

I have no issues inserting BD-RE discs with AnyDVD HD running then browsing them through Windows explorer which is why I said I suspected it was an issue with something else on your system as I have many systems here and it works on all of them. I suspect another program is interfering with the optical drives

the desktop.ini file should not be on the disc, if you read it properly you'll probably see that it's a file waiting to be written to disc.
Correct!

I have no issues inserting BD-RE discs with AnyDVD HD running then browsing them through Windows explorer which is why I said I suspected it was an issue with something else on your system as I have many systems here and it works on all of them. I suspect another program is interfering with the optical drives

Yes but what could it be ?

Back