• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony DVD-ROM DDU 1615

DetroitBaseball

My Sony DVD-ROM DDU 1615 drive has the latest firmware upgrade. It is rated to read at 16x, though it usually only reads around 4-6x. It's almost 1 year old. I even ran the benchmark tests with Nero CD-DVD Speed and the highest it got was 8x. Why is it not working properly? It says it is ATA.

When you find out, let me know. I own 5 of the DDU-1615 drives and the best rip-rate I get is usually approaching 10,000 kbits per second. (about 8X)

I will say... that the one I have in my P4 3.5g machine rips at 15k or better, so it might be bus speed limitations in the host computer.

-W

I am able to get up to 16X rips, its as fast as my Plextor now. What I did was download this utility http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83294

Copy the firmware from the drive, which on mine is GYS4, reloaded the firmware now called GYS4b and flashed it back to the drive using the utility above. And it worked. It RIPS VERY FAST. Hope this helps :)

A full DL disk that took 18 minutes before the flash, now takes no longer than 10 minutes

Back