• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony BWU-100A still region locked!!

James, it doesn't work. I changed powerdvd to region B, and set anydvd to region B. Anydvd reports that it has changed the disc to region B, but powerdvd gives me a region error. I get a big red screen telling me that this disc is designed for region A only, please eject etc.

I don't have another region disc to try. I hope that when I buy an Australian BD that it will work!

Last edited:
James, it doesn't work. I changed powerdvd to region B, and set anydvd to region B. Anydvd reports that it has changed the disc to region B, but powerdvd gives me a region error. I get a big red screen telling me that this disc is designed for region A only, please eject etc.

I don't have another region disc to try. I hope that when I buy an Australian BD that it will work!
You got it wrong. You must set AnyDVD to automatic or Region A (you inserted a Region A disc, didn't you?)
Best thing to do - leave AnyDVD at automatic, it should work most of the time (check AnyDVD status window if you are uncertain)
You can set PowerDVD to any region you like, as the disc will be region free if AnyDVD has done its job.

James, I thought I set anydvd to the region of my software player? eg region B.

If anydvd makes the BD region free, then it shouldn't matter what powerdvd is set too. So why did PowerDVD still tell me wrong region???

This is my understanding (mis?) of how things work.

Powerdvd is set to whatever region, lets say A

AnyDVD is set to remove region. If I choose any of A, B or C it will then make that BD look like it is from that region.

Auto does what?? Change the region to suit the software player?

From memory, and I will check again, anyDVD was set to auto at one time and it still gave me the error.

If you set AnydvdHD to automatic it should stop any of these problems, I've been using it for ages, always have my powerdvd set to region c as I have none of these discs (mine are all a or b) and with it set to automatic it always plays everything, if I then turn off AnydvdHD and play them they get region code errors, so it definately works

James, I thought I set anydvd to the region of my software player? eg region B.

No, the region your player is set to doesn't count at all (the point is: after AnyDVD has layed hands on the disc, it is supposed to play with any player, no matter, which region).

Auto does what?? Change the region to suit the software player?

From memory, and I will check again, anyDVD was set to auto at one time and it still gave me the error.

"Auto" will work 99% of the time by determining, which region the disc was mastered for (there are rare cases, where this automatic detection fails).

AnyDVD HD will make "the disc believe that the player is set to the region" that was either automatically detected or manually set by you. Sort of. In a way. Not literally. Imagery. You know.

Just an update. Anydvd-hd does in fact work with Night at the Museum.

Now I understand how anydvd works. Was there instructions that I should have read somewhere?

Just an update. Anydvd-hd does in fact work with Night at the Museum.

Now I understand how anydvd works. Was there instructions that I should have read somewhere?

Jokingly, the reason there are no instructions because it's 'so simple even a Caveman could do it'.

AnyDVD HD is designed so that, in most circumstances, you don't have to change any settings.

Just in case you've changed any other settings, I recommend that you backup you key and uninstall AnyDVD HD. When it asks if you want to keep your personal settings select NO. Restart and reinstall AnyDVD HD with your key.

Hopefully they'll add a 'restore defaults' button under settings so you don't have to do this.

Edit: My bad, I was too busy looking at the settings to notice the "Default" button.

If you have problems after that post your problems just like you did.

Last edited:
Hi roog, er ugh (cave man chatter:)) Yes I agree, it is easy to use. Actually it does explain it if I right click on the settings. :doh::doh:

Thanks

Jamie

Hi roog, er ugh (cave man chatter:)) Yes I agree, it is easy to use. Actually it does explain it if I right click on the settings. :doh::doh:

Thanks

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

In case you don't know, the caveman quote is a reference to a popular US commercial/advert.

roog

Back