SonicSolutions DVDs

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by __rp__, Dec 7, 2019.

1. __rp__

__rp__ Member

Hi,

it appears that DVDs that have 'SonicSolutions SecureArchive' in the header aren't recognized by AnyDVD. Supposedly they can only be played back in regular DVD-Players not PC drives.

When is AnyDVD going to be able to handle them?

RP

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I have no idea, what you are talking about.
    Care to share an AnyDVD logfile of such a disc?

3. __rp__

__rp__ Member

When I click on 'Create logfile...' it scans the disk, a ziplog file shows up briefly but disappears once the scan is done.

So, what else can I send you to help?

RP

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

The ziplog file doesn't show up, that's a dialogue telling you were the actual file has been created. You still need to attach it to a post manualy. By default it's located in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AnyDVD_logs

5. __rp__

__rp__ Member

That is where I looked. In that folder the ziplog file will show up for a moment but gets deleted again by AnyDVD. If I do the same thing with an empty DVD drive it will actually create (and not delete) a file called AnyDVD_8.4.2.0_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog

6. __rp__

__rp__ Member

PS.: I 'undeleted' the file it created (AnyDVD_8.4.2.0_Info_E_.ziplog) but it didn't contain any data, just 44kb of hex zero...

7. James

Can you elaborate, what this 'SonicSolutions SecureArchive' is? Everything I found has nothing to do with DVDs, but Video Streams.

8. James

Can you create an iso image with CloneCD?

9. __rp__

__rp__ Member

I already created an ISO image using UltraISO and the first few bytes of that image read 'SonicSolutions SecureArchive'.

However it is 8GB in size what should I do with it?

10. __rp__

__rp__ Member

CloneCD gets blocked by my virus scanner and CloneDVD doesn't work.

11. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Then you need a new antivirus or whitelist clonecd. There's nothing malicious about clonecd.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

12. __rp__

__rp__ Member

I created an ISO using CloneCD but it was identical to the one I created before.

Do you need the entire 8GB or would the first few (kilo)bytes be enough?

13. James

I didn't know, that you already had an iso.
    The entire file would be great. I have sent you a PM.

14. James

Checked the file. It does nor contain a valid filesystem like UDF or ISO9660. No Video DVD or HD DVD or Blu-ray disc player will play this disc. I have no idea, what this is and where it should be played.

15. __rp__

__rp__ Member

I think that's the point of this. It seems encrypted and only a few DVD players are actually capable of playing those back. If you check the reviews for this on Amazon you'll find that most buyers had to return them.

16. James

Do you have an amazon link to check?

17. __rp__

__rp__ Member