• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Sometimes Stereo Audio Sometimes Multi-Channel Audio

Butt_Love

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this... I've noticed from time to time that when I select a show (Movie or TV Show) the highest quality Audio format will be "Stereo" but then if I close down AS, re-open it and go into the same movie / tv show now I'll have a "Multi-Channel" Audio format available to select. I've noticed this on both NF & D+ predominately. Don't seem to notice it in AP or Para.

It's really weird and kind of annoying as you don't really know if the highest quality Audio Format is actually "Stereo" for that Movie or TV Show. Sometimes I'll go into NF or D+ on my AppleTV to see what Audio Format it is receiving when playing the same Movie or TV Show just to know. I know you won't always gets what's available through AS as what is available in the native applications through a Streaming Device. I just find it weird one time it's "Stereo" and a minute later upon closing the re-opening the app it's "Multi-Channel." Makes it hard to ensure you are geting the best quality audio with your download when AS provides different Audio Format Options to select when you close & re-open the app.

Last edited:
Nope, never noticed that
Question: are you certain, that you have the correct audio stream highlighted, when you look at the quality?

The reason I'm asking ... the shown order of streams can change, I'm not sure when, but it might happen on AS restart.

Example: same movie
1696009062877.png

1696009071221.png

In the former example descriptive audio is on second position, but it also can be on first, like in this example:

1696009344242.png

And since the first one is highlighted (brighter blue bar) by default, you see only its audio quality in the box

Remember, even if that one is first in the list, you will only get the streams you checked with the checkboxes.

Thanks Cartman... That's the issue... I didn't realize that you were only seeing the Audio Tracks based on the Audio Language Highlighted. I assumed that you see the Audio Tracks based on the Audio Language Selected.

you get different audio as described, but you also may encounter real difference in audio quality between seasons within a series if you opt for AVC CBR. first, if 5.1 is available it is capped at 192kbps, which is max. and second, first two seasons may have 192kbps 5.1 audio, but then seasons 3 and 4 will have only stereo available for AVC CBR. then seasons 5-6-7 back to 5.1.

just finished something i was putting off because it has gajillion episodes, but i just acquired new 16tb drive (second in 6 weeks, lol) so i can spare 600gb for 11 seasons of - the walking dead. opted for AVC CBR 1080p and two or three seasons only had stereo for audio. i bet if i switched to AVC CVBR id get 5.1 audio for those two seasons. so, yeah. i also glitched a few times before realizing as AS had descriptive audio selected (but not checked). sometimes id get italian audio checked along english, or japanese and german and english. but then i deselect and it usually remembers, but sometimes it starts acting up again. wish AS had better control over it, but as i said it happens maaaybe 5 times out of, i dunno... 500? so, actually its not even worth complaining, lol.

Ya that was my problem... Descriptive Audio was highlighted and was at the top of the list even though I haven't selected it as being preferred. So it was showing me the descriptive audio tracks instead of the "Original" Audio Tracks.

I guess when I would close down and re-open AS it would automatically switch its default selection between Original Audio and Descriptive Audio which is why I would sometime see Multi-Channel & Stereo.

Back