• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sometimes connects to server, sometimes not

cbh01

I find some discs I can connect to the AnyDVD server and others can't (BR or DVD).

I don't think I have any specialty software running nor did I (intentionally) do anything w outbound ports in Win 10. Win Defender allows "anydvd" and "Redfox AnyDVD" under Outbound Rules (I didn't see it listed on Inbound, if that matters). No other virus/anti-mw running.

Here's the log. Any ideas?

Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.8.2, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 23579360 sectors (46053 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Dune
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 68
Drive supports bus encryption!
Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12029!
Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Full logfiles, please. What makes you thing, that "some discs can"? Maybe these discs don't need?

DVD's don't need the OPD either. And HTTP error 12029 usually means something is blocking anydvd's internet access. Please create full logfile (rightclick tray icon > create logfile) and not just a copy/paste of the status info.

I am having the same problem with DUNE and the new Venom Blu-ray disc.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.8.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 18571168 sectors (36271 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: VENOM_LET_THERE_BE_CARNAGE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.8.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.03
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23579360 sectors (46053 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Dune
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 68

That is not a logfile, that is a copy/paste of the status info. That said, that http error means something is blocking anydvd's access to the internet (which is required to access the OPD)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have not changed any settings on my system or network. 3 other Blu-ray worked fine today but they are older.

You can add Addams Family 2 to the list of newer Blu-Ray discs that do not work. This is starting to look like these movies have not been decoded yet, not that there is something wrong with the connection to the sever. Any thoughts on this?

I ran it again and captured the log file for you to look at.

server_error: 12029

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.8.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.05
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 17083296 sectors (33365 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ADDAMSFAMILY2_UPB75
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 66

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.8.0_Info_F_ADDAMSFAMILY2_UPB75.ziplog
    136.3 KB · Views: 2
Ch3vr0n is not just blowing smoke. As someone who filters the heck out of their network I have seen 12029 many many times. Usually it was when I was blocking certain foreign countries. I had to allow the correct one through for RedFox.

If I recall correctly an unsupported disk will give a much different error.

You can add Addams Family 2 to the list of newer Blu-Ray discs that do not work. This is starting to look like these movies have not been decoded yet, not that there is something wrong with the connection to the sever. Any thoughts on this?
You can use AnyDVD 8.5.8.2. It is newer and has more discs in its internal database. But this won't sole the actual problem. I suspect some firewall / anti malware / anti spy / anti whatever software blocking the connection.

Back