• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Something to consider when buying TY

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
visit http://cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22437&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

That is a very important thread in my opinion.

dolphinius_rex is otherwise known as the Digital Dolphin, and he has done some excellent reviews of Benq drives over at cdrlabs, and he's well known source on blank media in the burning community. His comments are pretty interesting.

I was previously aware of the bonding issue with TY media, but I was of the opinion that issue was being addressed.

In particular, I found this post amusing: http://cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=22437&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=27

Last edited:
Very Interesting Indeed! I buy 400-600 TY montly and have for aprx 18 months. Never had any problems. Maybe 1 bad burn every 2 months from a huge bank of NEC burners. Internal, external and 3 tower duplicators.
Oh...I'm not a bootlegger, I author mass production teaching DVD's that are distributed Worldwide. Of course I make my own back-ups too.
I have heard there is a problem with fake TY on the market. Possible?
I suppose there could have been a bad run, even Lexus, Mercedes etc have recalls.
If you get more info please pass it along.
Thanks,
Brad

Interesting info on TY media and the bodning issues. Do you or anyone know if that also applys to their Premium Line media on super media store website? I have used alot of TY`s and rebranded TY`s, I also use alot of Verbatim inkjet printable, Verbatim non printable and MIJ Maxell printable dvd`s.

I have heard there is a problem with fake TY on the market. Possible?

Yes, but these aren't fake. The Digital Dolphin knows his stuff (although I'm sure we don't always see eye to eye).

Back