• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some preferences are silently changed when updating

PIGSgrame

It's probably a known fact that every update enables Automatically check for a new AnyDVD version and disables Hide Icon, no matter how these settings were before.

I do agree that the recommended settings have their advantages, but I expect a software to respect my personal preferences und not silently change them back. What would be a sensible reson for not just keeping the settings I chose? I am a dedicated fan of SlySoft products, but this behaviour annoys me.

i hate the fact that desktop icon is checked when installing (only program files should be checked for obvious reasons).
i have very tidy desktop on don't want icon's cluttering up my wallpaper so have to keep unchecking it.
i know it's only a click of a mouse but wish this would be remembered between installations.

It's probably a known fact that every update enables Automatically check for a new AnyDVD version and disables Hide Icon, no matter how these settings were before.

I do agree that the recommended settings have their advantages, but I expect a software to respect my personal preferences und not silently change them back. What would be a sensible reson for not just keeping the settings I chose?

Because - for example - checking "hide icon" is very dangerous for many users (and IMHO plain stupid), as it can make AnyDVD inaccessible. At least reinstalling can make AnyDVD operational again.

To make a long story short: To avoid support nightmares.

Back