• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

some movies not ripping properly? (4K)

test5655

Got Blues Brothers, Ratoulie (sp) and The Incredibles.

It doesn't seem to rip the movie at all on some, and others it has the movie in separate files, and even then, not all of the movie. any ideas?

DVD's don't exists in 4k, you're in the DVD section.

Are we talking DVD's here, standard bluray (1080p), 4k... That said a movie not coming in 1 single file is perfectly normal and extremely common. It's called "Seamless transition", which lets studios put multiple copies of the same title (eg theatrical and extended cut) on the same disc without having to add the whole movie a 2nd time. They just merge in the extra video footage of minutes long and they're done. It's simply not possible for anydvd to only rip "parts" of a movie. Its everything or nothing.

Ideas, no. Too much info is missing. Read this https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/ and try again.

crap, I didn't notice the DVD subtitle. my bad.

yeah, this is in relation to 4K Titles. Most 4K Titles rip as one huge file. with these three anomolies release....the movie seems either non existant, or split. please move if possible to proper forum :)

As I said, movies coming in multiple m2ts files is very common an in fact normal. I already explained above why. It's the mpls (playlist file) that enables the playback device/software to then 'recombine' those seperate m2ts files on-the-fly into a single movie.

What is it exactly you see (image) of what you think isn't normal, and what is it you want to do?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

crap, I didn't notice the DVD subtitle. my bad.

yeah, this is in relation to 4K Titles. Most 4K Titles rip as one huge file. with these three anomolies release....the movie seems either non existant, or split. please move if possible to proper forum :)
Use CloneBD.

https://scontent.fewr1-6.fna.fbcdn....=a6c6cfed76a5973fc880fe1899844d82&oe=6054322A

This is what 4K movies usually look like. Like in Back to the Future. Each rips as a full 60GB file.
With Ratat- The whole movie isn't there. some of it is split into separate smaller files, but even then I can't find the opening credits, or the first 6 minutes. With Blues Brothers, the whole movie didn't even show up split. it just wasn't there in the stream folder.

https://scontent.fewr1-6.fna.fbcdn....=a6c6cfed76a5973fc880fe1899844d82&oe=6054322A

This is what 4K movies usually look like. Like in Back to the Future. Each rips as a full 60GB file.
With Ratat- The whole movie isn't there. some of it is split into separate smaller files, but even then I can't find the opening credits, or the first 6 minutes. With Blues Brothers, the whole movie didn't even show up split. it just wasn't there in the stream folder.
Seems like I need to say this a third time. What you're seeing in the STREAM folder is PERFECTLY NORMAL! The reason why I already stated twice above. Seeing 1 big m2ts file is in fact uncommon, not the other way around. It's the .mpls playlist file's that then combine those seperately files seamlessly into the actual movie by loading them in the correct order.

If you want 1 big mp4/mkv file you'll need to use a blu-ray converter like CloneBD. Anydvd is behaving exactly as it should, and so is the content on your 4k discs.

And as I have been trying to point out, this is Not the case with me. It has been my experience that Any DVD ALWAYS Rips it in one big file. that is one reason why I like it. I've NEVER seen it separate the movie before, until these last few discs. I HAVE seen it separate the files in DVD format, but mostly for TV Shows. Never for movies. I will try clone bd

That's not possible. Anydvd cannot rip 'just' the main title and leave everything else out from the discs' file structure. The only thing that can do that is a video conversion tool like CloneBD.

The only that can be is that you happened to have (until now) nothing but discs' with the main feature in a single m2ts file and you copied that title over through windows explorer. In that case anydvd only DECRYPTED the title, it did NOT convert those dozens of m2ts files in a single big one. Its physically impossible for anydvd to do that.

I may not be explaining it properly. This is how I do things with AnyDVD.

Pop in the disc. Right Click, rip video to hard disc...let it do it's thing. After it's done, I go to the stream folder, EVERYTHING is there, INCLUDING the Full Movie in one giant file. In that image I linked above, all 3 Back to the Future movies where like that in the stream folder, along with everything else. I did not do anything extra to them to join them in one file because they where already complete.

I guess it is possible newer discs have changed the way they render things. but these are the first I've seen. Even 4K Groundhogs day worked like the 4K BTTF movies and did the WHOLE MOVIE in one file.

You explained just fine, but as i said the split files is a lot more common than the single big file. It lets studios put multiple versions of the same movie (theatrical cut, extended cut, director's cut...) all on the same disc without needing a lot more space. All the studio's need to do during authoring when doing it the split files way, is create a playlist per version, who then load the extra scenes in the proper order. This usually only adds a couple hunder MB to a few GB to the final disc size.

So with split files, assume the theatrical cut is 18GB in size, the extra footage for the extended cut is 2gb, and another 1gb for the directors cut. Now, 18+2+1GB = 21gb for 3 different versions of the same movie on 1 single disc (that could fit on a single layer disc).

If they were to do it the "1 big file per version" way, that would mean theatrical cut: 18gb, extended cut 20gb, directors cut 21gb for a total of 59GB, which is ABOVE what a standard BD can hold (max double layer BD is 45.5GB). Which would mean they either need to go into uhd triple layer discs, or split the 3 versions across 2 or 3 seperate discs, adding costs.

Which way is more logical profit wise? ;)

The fact that you've never encountered this structure before is well, sheer dumb luck, "Seamless Transition" (what the split files way is called) has been around for years.

that explanation makes a bit more sense :).

But I've done hundreds of blu-ray rips and a few dozen 4K ones, and all did it in one big file. this is the first time I've encountered this issue on anything other than a DVD release, which ALWAYS splits it into several different VOB files.

I'll mess around with clonebd a bit and see if I can get that working :)

Back