• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some Ideas about Future Pricing

A little more patience is required. More news will soon become clear on pricing.

I don't mind paying for a new license. I just don't know if I will pay $40 a year, every year.
The more I think about it the more I doubt a subscription model will work for me. Most movies coming out of hollywood are crap these days so I don't purchase many anymore. Many movies are available on Netflix and Amazon prime in a short time so the need to back up movies is getting less important every day. A one time fee if it is reasonable I most likely would pay but I seriously doubt I would pay for a subscription service unless it was $20 a year or less.

Anydvd always was a subscription model! You had subscription plans for 1/2/3/4 years and lifetime. If they add or remove an option it's still subscription, nothing has changed on that part.

The more I think about it the more I doubt a subscription model will work for me. Most movies coming out of hollywood are crap these days so I don't purchase many anymore. Many movies are available on Netflix and Amazon prime in a short time so the need to back up movies is getting less important every day. A one time fee if it is reasonable I most likely would pay but I seriously doubt I would pay for a subscription service unless it was $20 a year or less.

Obviously, you did not develop a hobby of collecting movie discs, did you? :D By the way, the $20 per year you are expecting is likely not gonna happen.:rolleyes:

I'm a lifetime licence holder(since 2009, I've still got the reciept!) and I'd be very dissappointed to at least not be offered that option again. I'd be happy to pay for another LTL, but I won't pay for a subscription(EUR $50 = AUS $75 at todays exchange rate), whilst I love the program, I wouldn't use it often enough to justify the ongoing costs, maybe once or twice a month, sometimes three times.

Obviously, you did not develop a hobby of collecting movie discs, did you? :D By the way, the $20 per year you are expecting is likely not gonna happen.:rolleyes:
I did for a time. I couldn't tell you how many I have it's so many but they are all already backed up. Last couple years I may come across a few movies a year that interests me enough to buy them. Certainly not enough to warrant a yearly subscription. I find myself gaming and watching TV more than movies these day's. Maybe Hollywood will get it's act together which would change my mind about it.

I'm a lifetime licence holder(since 2009, I've still got the reciept!) and I'd be very dissappointed to at least not be offered that option again. I'd be happy to pay for another LTL, but I won't pay for a subscription(EUR $50 = AUS $75 at todays exchange rate), whilst I love the program, I wouldn't use it often enough to justify the ongoing costs, maybe once or twice a month, sometimes three times.

Further to this, I cant see why, as a good will gesture, to allow current LTL holders to purchase another/new LTL, and any new customers would move to the new subscription based model, just a thought

I have been a subscriber for several years. Well, honestly, I used a hacked version for about two months. Loved it so much, I actually paid for it (with Bitcoin). I'm still wondering why people in prior posts don't like bitcoin and say they will not use it as I do every chance I get. I have paid again (in bitcoin) when my sub was up. Finally, in December, I paid for LTL (yes, also in bitcoin), so I would hope that LTL still exists. I would agree that a new company (so to speak) and the issues should give customers some sort of discount towards a new LTL.

Personally, I only use the software at most about once a week.

I have been a subscriber for several years. Well, honestly, I used a hacked version for about two months. Loved it so much, I actually paid for it (with Bitcoin). I'm still wondering why people in prior posts don't like bitcoin and say they will not use it as I do every chance I get. I have paid again (in bitcoin) when my sub was up. Finally, in December, I paid for LTL (yes, also in bitcoin), so I would hope that LTL still exists. I would agree that a new company (so to speak) and the issues should give customers some sort of discount towards a new LTL.

Based on your usage frequency, yearly subscription is better than a LTL option, because who knows when RedFox will become GreenFox? You know, there are a damn lot color options out there!:D

Bottom line after everything is said and done, if the new reborn Redfox can't make the price, LTL, and payment method correct, then go to other freeware and payware sources.:)

Competition or other sources is what makes it work.

Can't agree more, fast eddie. Freewares like MakeMKV, Handbrake and Passkey Lite...Paywares like Passkey...all are doing their good jobs (I did do a lot of homework these days since my license was dishonored). For old titles, maybe I'll just stay with MakeMKV, or the Passkey Lite, for some newly titles, I may go to Passkey. See, my dear fox, the whole world is still there with or without you! So, do something clever!:giggle:

Can't agree more, fast eddie. Freewares like MakeMKV, Handbrake and Passkey Lite...Paywares like Passkey...all are doing their good jobs (I did do a lot of homework these days since my license was dishonored). For old titles, maybe I'll just stay with MakeMKV, or the Passkey Lite, for some newly titles, I may go to Passkey. See, my dear fox, the whole world is still there with or without you! So, do something clever!:giggle:
Posted by James_the_striker
See, my dear fox, the whole world is still there with or without you! So, do something clever!:giggle:
I can make you disappear, is that clever enough?:LOL:

Hi,
Not to be a bug...but has anyone thought of the idea to allow lifetime license users of the HD license, to continue to have access to the original (OLD) database ...
...and start a NEW-database for the new RedFox licenses database?

Or, create a vidcache.bin file that has every HD encryption key from the master database, up to the cut-off date of April 30th 2016 ...made available for the lifetime license users only.

I'd think either of the two would be the most fair thing to do, for your original lifetime license customers, needing to make new backups of their owned disks in an emergency, when no Hard Drive backup was ever made...like my problem recently posted in the AnyDVD HD section.. :confused: ... I'd like to have the vidcache.bin to put onto my local systems hard drive. (y)

It would certainly instill confidence in your new company venture if customers know they will have the complete vidcache.bin file to use in case of any catastrophes to their hard drive, or if a similar thing occurs to RedFox - as what happened to SlySoft...later-on...:censored::cautious::D

They have already stated they are looking into things to offer the OPD for download, no details known on if/when/how.

They have already stated they are looking into things to offer the OPD for download, no details known on if/when/how.
Thank you for that info. ... Do you agree with my logic?

I guess it's just a wait-and-see option now, until all is finalized.

I think there will include that option - I highly doubt they want that to go away anytime soon.

I bought my LTL long time ago with CC so I didn't have to see Bitcoin. Bitcoin has the bad reputation done in by itself that is why. It is a new company we need to know that as well. I think they will offer LTL to LTL holders to keep them in the system along with the subscription based. LTL will always be the more expensive option and not everyone can afford it. But I have asked them to keep LTL because user like me will buy that option as well.

Four days to go yet until it's April 30th, 2016 - deadline. Has anyone heard anything from the developers recently?

Four days to go yet until it's April 30th, 2016 - deadline. Has anyone heard anything from the developers recently?
It was understood that the deadline can always be extended...after all...the employees now make the new rules, not the original owner. ;)

So, it's not really carved in stone but is just a working date to reach a goal.

We'll I think I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to get a passkey lifetime for 80+usd and 1 year of red fox just show some support or at the end of that year get passkey if red fox is not priced comparably to passkey.

Last edited:
Don't make a decision just yet. I can promise you, it'll be worth it price wise ;-)

Back