• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some Ideas about Future Pricing

Did anyone consider, that LTLs may be bad for the user as well?
What if RedFox is forced to shut down after a year or two? (I certainly hope not!)
Or the important people are run over by a bus? Life's over, money is gone.

What if RedFox is forced to shut down after a year or two? (I certainly hope not!)
Or the important people are run over by a bus? Life's over, money is gone.
Weren't you complaining the other day you somewhat regret starting up RedFox? ;)

Seriously, I am glad you and the rest of the Slysoft ex-employees did want to keep the software going.

Something else to consider why LTLs might not be a good idea or cost effective......what if the studios decide in a year or two (or earlier) that digital release is the only way movies and TV shows are available for consumer video? No more physical discs, no more need for AnyDVD/CloneDVD/CloneBD.

Disney is one company leading the way with the latest Star Wars home video release being available as a Digital Release only.

That's correct.I am willing to take the risk.Pay one time and forget about it,as long as Redfox exists.The price itself is not my primary concern,

but the way i can pay. Credit Card or Paysafe for now,maybe bitcoin or different ways next year or wathever comes in the year after that.

Maybe i am to old and not flexible enough to keep up with those payment options.

I just like to watch movies the way anydvd helps me to do.

Maybe there's others thinking the same way.

Disney is one company leading the way with the latest Star Wars home video release being available as a Digital Release only.
If that is a FACT that would be a huge mistake all I've seen about the digital version is a pre order @walmart.

Please stay on topic. Video releases and in which format do not belong in a pricing idea topic.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

My 2 cents worth of suggestion for a solution to the LTL business, would be to offer a timed subscription price discount based on how long ago the LTL was purchased.
10 years = no discount, 9 years = 10%, 8 years = 20 %, and so on.
Whaddya think?

My 2 cents worth of suggestion for a solution to the LTL business, would be to offer a timed subscription price discount based on how long ago the LTL was purchased.
10 years = no discount, 9 years = 10%, 8 years = 20 %, and so on.
Whaddya think?

Don't like it. Long-term holders of a LTL have certainly gotten their money worth in updates but to say they get no discount (or very little) does not recognize their long-term faith in the company. Getting in on the ground floor of operation should be recognized.

what about those who were given a free LTL for being one of the people who help put anydvd on the map

Free LTL's? There's no such thing

I paid for my license just like you did :)

I have purchased AnyDVD (then updated to the HD version), Clone CD, Clone DVD and the Clone DVD Mobile products years ago with the lifetime pricing before the company changed over to it's new structure. I don't use them all that often but it's nice to have them on my computer when I need them. I will go for months without copying a DVD or a CD. I just wanted to find out if the new people are going to allow us old users to keep updating our old programs or force us to buy a new one. I am almost 70 years old and retired on Social Security so don't make a lot of money. I wouldn't mind a small donation to change over to a new company with lifetime updates but money is tight and I don't use them enough to pay a lot of money for using them. Also, how long will my current versions continue to work? Will they continue functioning as long as they don't run up against a disk that has a new type of encryption?
Thanks!
Fred

How long? Please read the sticky in the license section. Your question is already answered.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Don't like it. Long-term holders of a LTL have certainly gotten their money worth in updates but to say they get no discount (or very little) does not recognize their long-term faith in the company. Getting in on the ground floor of operation should be recognized.

That's all relative and in the eye of the beholder, not to mention also highly dependent on when a customer purchase their LTL.

I like everybody want and plan to support red fox. I don't mind paying more but I would like to see a lifetime membership. Priced comparable to DVDfab.

What if the finalized price does not cater you right, will you ditch the fox and go for the monkey? I did some digging, and found out that, DVDFab's website was shutdown by the authority like two years ago, and the monkey survived it by changing its domain, while still keeping the brand, and they are still offering the LTL options. And I've heard that all their previous LTL holders are also honored.

Question: If DVDFab can honor their old customers, why can't RedFox?

Here is my thought: Honoring the old LTL beholders can encourage them to buy more future products from RedFox, like a AnyDVD HD LTL user would probably fell pretty happy to buy a license of CloneBD, or something else. So, to think that honoring LTL customers will take not a single more penny from them is actually not true. This is also a way to prevent your loyal ones from going to one of your competitors, don't you think so, RedFox?

Last edited:
I've had a license for a long time, and am in the group that rips about two disks per month on average. I'd gladly pay for a new license from a new company, I always thought I was sort of ripping off SlySoft by having a "forever" license. $40/year sounds like a good place to start for low-level users, it could even be higher. One reason I don't rip more is that some of the BDs have the movie spread out over 17-20 different files, and it's a pain to figure out which files go in which order and re-assemble them (which I do with TXMuxer).

You could use software like ClownBD or RipBot264 to automatically do that for you.

Lifetime licenses should be honored. I will not use bitcoin. A donation system should be tried first for LTL holders. I don't use it enough to pay for a subscription.
I agree with this, HOWEVER... I would be alright with supporting with a discounted version of the former lifetime fee to get one for your new site since you got screwed, which in turn seems to have screwed me too. I have been using your software since around 2004? so it would be nice if I could use it for another kerjillion years to come. I only use it on my own discs, but I still like to have it so I don't have to worry about scratches, etc.

I wouldn't want to pay an annual fee, etc. because honestly at some point it would be cheaper to just buy the digital downloads once the movies get older...

Please consider finding a way to honor former lifetime licenses....

and no... I do not want to go with other options nor do I have any intentions of it. I stayed with you for all these years because I like your software, I consider it the best, least intrusive, etc. If I have to go that other route, I'll just not bother with ripping my discs at all.

Back