• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some Ideas about Future Pricing

garfy

Following some of the threads it seems to me there are at least two groups of users:

First a group which uses 100+ BDs including nearly every new one and is willing to pay every price for a continued fast update cycle. Most of them would double that for 4K support.

I belong to a group who looks 1-2 new disks / month (and don't plan to use 4K in the next years).

IMO pricing should be different for "intensiv" users and for "normal" users. $40 /year means a very small wage for the first group - for me it means $2+ / BD. That's not ok and most of "my" group will think about paying that or more. I would like a price / BD with a discount for bigger quantities. (s.th. like $5 / 10 new BDs, $10 / 25 etc. New means: never used before on this PC)

Also I need a simple way of payment: I will not pay in Bitcoins.
Other ways are possible: Maybe you want to have a look at RELAKKS in Sweden who also works in an "unsure" business.

Last edited:
Other ways are possible: Maybe you want to have a look at RELAKKS in Sweden who also works in an "unsure" business.
I do not see any "other ways" here, just plain credit card processing.

Wasn't PaySafe an option before Slysoft was forced to close? Is that still a viable way to pay with RedFox?

Relaxx and all those other VPNs like Ipreditor and Torguard, all accept Credit Cards. If Tom says its viable then that what it is. I do believe Paysafe will be a viable alternative also.

Three comments from personal experience:

1. I had an issue once trying to use Alipay. I was left rather annoyed. Seemed to come down to the issuing bank and there was no business in them denying it. Nonetheless, use of Alipay doesn't guarantee a charge won't be denied. I talked to the credit card company and issuing bank.
  2. With respect to VPNs, which is what RELAKKS appears to be, I cannot comprehend how there would be any issue paying for a VPN unless a person lives in a country with exteme censorship online (ie China, part of the Middle East, etc) and had to hide the transaction because a VPN would be frowned upon to put it mildy.
  3. Even using a VPN doesn't really solve the problem of payment when a credit card has a country of origin. Again, I've run into an issue where I made a purchase and it was denied because of the origin country of my credit card rather than my appearing to be elsewhere. I know this because I actually called and asked.

I've had a license for a long time, and am in the group that rips about two disks per month on average. I'd gladly pay for a new license from a new company, I always thought I was sort of ripping off SlySoft by having a "forever" license. $40/year sounds like a good place to start for low-level users, it could even be higher. One reason I don't rip more is that some of the BDs have the movie spread out over 17-20 different files, and it's a pain to figure out which files go in which order and re-assemble them (which I do with TXMuxer).

I like everybody want and plan to support red fox. I don't mind paying more but I would like to see a lifetime membership. Priced comparable to DVDfab.

Lifetime licenses should be honored. I will not use bitcoin. A donation system should be tried first for LTL holders. I don't use it enough to pay for a subscription.

do not see any "other ways" here, just plain credit card processing

What about Western Union or bank transfer via email. My bank does a money bank transfer by email, costs me $1.50 per money transfer. Not sure if that's available in all countries?

As far as LTL, I'm 100% in agreement, you have to compete with the blue monkey, if not, in my opinion, more of the ex-slysoft members will turn to them for better pricing.
If CloneBD, pavtube video products, DVDfab, etc can offer Lifetime licenses, I think the option should be there for Redfox to offer it as well. Why not take a poll here on the forum?
You also have to factor in the exchange rate, for some it will not affect them, some will be low while others it'll be high, depending what country your from.

The fact that CloneBD offers lifetime is irrelevant, it's not a decrypter. CloneBD is a 100% legal application, Anydvd in many contries is not, because of what it does. A poll likely won't change anything. As my sticky states, it's probably going to be subscription based only, nowadays its the only sensible business model. People have to eat and pay the bills too. LTL was fun while it lasted, but honestly getting 200+ or more updates in a few years for 50-60$ nobody can live of of that. You have to remember, there's more than 1 person behind Anydvd and then there's the server costs.

The fact that CloneBD offers lifetime is irrelevant, it's not a decrypter. CloneBD is a 100% legal application, Anydvd in many contries is not, because of what it does. A poll likely won't change anything. As my sticky states, it's probably going to be subscription based only, nowadays its the only sensible business model. People have to eat and pay the bills too. LTL was fun while it lasted, but honestly getting 200+ or more updates in a few years for 50-60$ nobody can live of of that. You have to remember, there's more than 1 person behind Anydvd and then there's the server costs.

That's your opinion.
You always show your opinions as facts.

I, as LTL owner, don't agree with that. Redfox is using Slysofts code base. So they are running from where Slysoft stopped. No new software, so no starting from scratch.

LTL licenses must be honored somehow.

No, i don't always show my opinion as facts. It's not my oppinion thats a fact, only what redfox stated in my sticky interview i had with them https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redfox-addresses-slysoft-license-concerns.68578/ Question 4, 3rd sentence. I'm a double lifetime license holder myself for multiple products, and personally i would love nothing more than to see LTL's and even time limited license honored. However i can understand the reasoning why they had the only possible choice not to. Slysoft is dead, Redfox doesn't have access to the finances Slysoft had (if there were any left). They need to start from scratch, and if we want develoment to continue they need funds. Only way to do that, sell licenses. The code may not be from scratch, but the company itself is. If you read question 5 & 6 in that topic you'll read that compensation will be offered, we'll just have to wait and see what that will be.

No, i don't always show my opinion as facts. It's not my oppinion thats a fact, only what redfox stated in my sticky interview i had with them https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redfox-addresses-slysoft-license-concerns.68578/ Question 4, 3rd sentence. I'm a double lifetime license holder myself for multiple products, and personally i would love nothing more than to see LTL's and even time limited license honored. However i can understand the reasoning why they had the only possible choice not to. Slysoft is dead, Redfox doesn't have access to the finances Slysoft had (if there were any left). They need to start from scratch, and if we want develoment to continue they need funds. Only way to do that, sell licenses. The code may not be from scratch, but the company itself is. If you read question 5 & 6 in that topic you'll read that compensation will be offered, we'll just have to wait and see what that will be.
I have to agree I would pay a monthly fee but at a discounted price from those that don't have lifetime license. I have multiple products & would love to see LTL'S honored but charging a lesser price would be ok with me

Let's be fair, I have to defend myself here, your putting words in my post Ch3vr0n. I never said that cloneBD was a decrypter. It's still great software with an option of lifetime updates. In my opinion the most sensible model is a company that has the best price for product they have. I know that anyDVDHD is a great product and I did say I would support the developers by purchasing again. But WE have to eat and pay bills as well. Yes, I know there is more than one person behind AnyDVD minus the owner of Slysoft (which makes one less person then before).

100% Agreed. I've had an LTL for about 11 years, and I'm willing to go on a yearly subscription. I can honestly say that I've never sold a single disc I've made (never wanted to), but AnyDVD has been absolutely vital at making our movie collection more accessible across platforms. Thanks a million for everything you guys do....and I'm sorry and angry at the same time over this ridiculous situation. It's just another example of crony capitalism (companies purchasing government enforcement for their own financial gains). I will support you guys emotionally AND financially! Good Luck (y)

This thread has now been going so long I suspect that everything has now been said regarding the new pricing structure and has now been exhausted to the point of irrelevancy.

I also believe that RedFox have already made up their mind anyway and are just waiting to finalise things, although it would be nice for an update from them on the subject.

2. Find a way to still have the LTL for the reborn Redfox, there will be customers who want LTL

Yes, but in the case LTL will be offered again, the prices should be realistic, i.e. € 350.00 for regular customers (owners of former Slysoft LTL) and € 500.00 for new ones.
Otherwise it's a bargain for the users and a big loss for the developers in the long run.

Back