• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some dumb questions

Fledermaus

I have two questions:
1. Can a purchased copy of Clone CD be used on more than one computer?
2. I'm confused about the forum discussion on copying movies with Clone CD. Assuming one wants to make an exact copy of a DVD movie, without editing, can one employ Clone CD to do this without also having AnyDVD on hand. In copying DVD movies in the past, I have usually found that though the movie is on a single single-layer DVD (I think?), it requires a double layer DVD blank for the copy. I take it (correct me if I'm wrong) that this will also be true when using Clone CD (or is there some setting that avoids this?). Assuming further that one doesn't care where the layer break goes, can CLone CD, without the use of AnyDVD, correctly copy a movie DVD onto a DVD+R DL blank disk? (I have a copy of ImgBurn if that would help in the job)

Please excuse my ignorance,
Fledermaus

I have two questions:
1. Can a purchased copy of Clone CD be used on more than one computer?

Yes and no, the eula states that a license is granted per computer and each copy of the software may only be registered and active on 1 computer at a time per license. Although slysoft has condoned installing it on multiple computers to a degree. (example: if u have a a desktop pc & laptop) It is NOT allowed or condoned to go arround and install it on a dozen computers etc...

Assuming one wants to make an exact copy of a DVD movie, without editing, can one employ Clone CD to do this without also having AnyDVD on hand.

No, since thats why there is copy protection on discs. To prevent exactly that. Anydvd has to be active to remove the protection and only then can a "copy" be made.

In copying DVD movies in the past, I have usually found that though the movie is on a single single-layer DVD (I think?), it requires a double layer DVD blank for the copy.

wrong and right. Allmost all dvd's are on a single-SIDED DOUBLE LAYER disc, single layer discs do exist but to a much lower degree. The size issue can be overcome by using CloneDVD2 to shrink the original to single layer size by removing unwanted audio/subtitle streams and recoding the video

I take it (correct me if I'm wrong) that this will also be true when using Clone CD (or is there some setting that avoids this?).

True, if you use CloneCD to make a BACKUP of a movie, it will be on a 1:1 basis. Single layer disc to single layer and double layer do double layer. (CloneDVD will warn you if you try to burn single layer size to double layer blank, i do not know if this applies to cloneCD as well)

Assuming further that one doesn't care where the layer break goes, can CLone CD, without the use of AnyDVD, correctly copy a movie DVD onto a DVD+R DL blank disk? (I have a copy of ImgBurn if that would help in the job)

No it can't. As far as the copy portion is concerned. The layer break will be in the exact same position as the original when using cloneCD. Without Anydvd running IMGBurn will also refuse to create the copy (whether it's disc to disc, or iso. That's why copy protection exists)[/QUOTE]

Yes and no, the eula states that a license is granted per computer and each copy of the software may only be registered and active on 1 computer at a time per license. Although slysoft has condoned installing it on multiple computers to a degree. (example: if u have a a desktop pc & laptop) It is NOT allowed or condoned to go arround and install it on a dozen computers etc...

No, since thats why there is copy protection on discs. To prevent exactly that. Anydvd has to be active to remove the protection and only then can a "copy" be made.

This is one can be confusing but good reply....

wrong and right. Allmost all dvd's are on a single-SIDED DOUBLE LAYER disc, single layer discs do exist but to a much lower degree. The size issue can be overcome by using CloneDVD2 to shrink the original to single layer size by removing unwanted audio/subtitle streams and recoding the video

Problem with CloneDVD shrinking is pixelation of the movie might occur being compressed-I seen it happen on some movies that I used it on.

True, if you use CloneCD to make a BACKUP of a movie, it will be on a 1:1 basis. Single layer disc to single layer and double layer do double layer. (CloneDVD will warn you if you try to burn single layer size to double layer blank, i do not know if this applies to cloneCD as well)

CloneCD will warn you as well and ask if you want to "OverBurn" to the media something I advise against just get the right size dvd5 to dvd6 and dvd9 to dvd9 should one go with just using CloneCD.

No it can't. As far as the copy portion is concerned. The layer break will be in the exact same position as the original when using cloneCD. Without Anydvd running IMGBurn will also refuse to create the copy (whether it's disc to disc, or iso. That's why copy protection exists)

I can atest using Imgburn to burn a AnyDVD HD ISO image did produce some bad results that couldn't be played back on standalone. So this is the reason I went with Virtual CloneDrive to mount the ISO and then use CloneDVD to burn the mounted ISO back to blank media and that solved the problem for me.

Back