• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some diagnostic tools would be real helpful!

jdm3

I dont know what happened to my system. But for about a month now, I have not been able to burn a successful dvd.

I am going through the suggestions with the posting http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 and am coming up to where I should be reporting stuff.

I just thought it would be helpful if you guys had a program the end user could install and run to detect some of the known problems that prevents anydvd/clonedvd/clonecd from running correctly.

Anyone else having this kind of problem? The movies that do burn, all crap out near the end of the movie. It seems to make no difference if its a 30 min movie, or 2hrs 30 min. the end of the movie seems to pixelate, freeze and show just a few large 'boxes' of picture before freezing. When this happens there is no recovery. There are no errors reported! Now before people tell me my blanks are bad, let me mention that this is with several brands of blank discs. DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs.

I slowed the burn speed to 8x, even set the disc size to 4300. still the same.

The Drive I Am using is a TSST TS-H552B with US Firmware TS12 (reported as newest and current). PC is an Asus PE5E mobo Intel e6700 (Core2Duo 2.66 mhz) 2 gig ram. 2 500gb WD Hard Drives, SATA. GeForce 7600GS.
XP64.

The stickies show all the required info you need to post. The log file shows a lot of it but that still doesn't help you to post it.

Really, what it comes down to is using your head before you post. Read the stickies and post all the required info. Don't be lazy and skimp out. Otherwise you will get no help.

For instance, you didn't tell us what brand of discs you are using.

Now before people tell me my blanks are bad, let me mention that this is with several brands of blank discs. DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs.

Doesn't matter, especially if you used nothing but junk

If you're not going to provide the requested information from the link you posted, then don't expect help.

The first best test is to watch the movie on/from the PC hard drive to be sure you got a perfect rip. Then if you have problems burning it onto blank media, you KNOW that the source material is OK and that your problems lie in getting it from the hard drive to the blank DVD. Could be as simple as a flaky burner or sub-par media - or BOTH contributing to compound the issue. Try burning just a couple trailers to a disk and see how it does. My guess is that your burner is dying / dead.

Remember that AnyDVD in and of itself has nothing to do with burning a disk, it's job is to help you get a DRM free clean rip onto the hard drive. Getting it back off the drive and onto blank media is supposed to be the easier part. :)

That said, what cracks me up about people buying Blu-Ray burners, is that we've barely gotten to the point where regular DVD burners and blank media are reliable to do a 9gb (or even a 4.7gb) disk consistantly.

-W

Last edited:
It seems to make no difference if its a 30 min movie, or 2hrs 30 min. the end of the movie seems to pixelate, freeze and show just a few large 'boxes' of picture before freezing. When this happens there is no recovery. There are no errors reported! Now before people tell me my blanks are bad, let me mention that this is with several brands of blank discs. DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs.

You don't want to hear it because you are in denial. This problem is almost always caused by poor quality blanks.

Let me try to illustrate... I once bought a spindle of Ritek blanks. I found that out of this spindle, just about ever disc pixelated toward the end of the disc. There were probably four that did not have this problem.

As it turns out, there are many brand names of blanks out there, but all they are are names... they all buy their discs from the same supplier, and often times that supplier is Ritek. For example, Memorex blanks are rebranded Ritek discs.

There is basically only one brand you should be using, and that is Verbatim DVD+R and Verbatim DVD+R DL.

Switch to using only Verbatim media. Your problem will in all likelihood go away.

You don't want to hear it because you are in denial. This problem is almost always caused by poor quality blanks.

Let me try to illustrate... I once bought a spindle of Ritek blanks. I found that out of this spindle, just about ever disc pixelated toward the end of the disc. There were probably four that did not have this problem.

As it turns out, there are many brand names of blanks out there, but all they are are names... they all buy their discs from the same supplier, and often times that supplier is Ritek. For example, Memorex blanks are rebranded Ritek discs.

There is basically only one brand you should be using, and that is Verbatim DVD+R and Verbatim DVD+R DL.

Switch to using only Verbatim media. Your problem will in all likelihood go away.
My 2 cents and from my experience on what's quality media. I recommend,
for SL burns, Taiyo Yuden DVD-R SL (TYG02) and for DL burns, Verbatim DVD+R DL, made is Singapore.

This is what people should be using, and if they're not, then they take their chances:

CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden
DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere), Verbatim 8x & 16x, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline) 8x
DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (not India), MAM-A 8x

But, you know, the problem could be a lot of things (not updating firmware, burning at the wrong speed, having a messed up filter stack), and until people who post about issues start providing a lot more information than they generally do, then they will tend to find themselves out of luck and playing guessing games.

Last edited:
Back