• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] The Atoning 'invalid region' US VERSION

jon jones

Quite an old release,So quite suprised.I have tried with windvd,and powerdvd but i only keep getting 'invalid region' after the backup,I did import this though from US>EU

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.3.0_Info_D_The_Atoning_3D6BC280_0E7726BB.ziplog
    756.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well since it's an import from the US, this is probably your problem.

Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region B!

You told anydvd the disc was from region B (your region) which is incorrect and effectively cripples the disc. When removing regions (imports or not), you need to specify the region where the disc was FROM, not the region YOU are AT! In this case you need to specify region A (since it's a US import), not region B.

ah i see that now,doesnt anydvd keep the settings you had before u updated,in the update,i always though it-if this works could you just delete this thread please?

That's your problem, it does. You probably processed a region B disc before and removed the region. Which worked since it's a region B disc. That's the right way.

But this was a region A disc, where you told anydvd it was region B. Which effectively tells the disc it's playing permanently in the wrong region. That's why you need to specify the region of the disc, that fools the disc into thinking it's always playing in the right region (in this case region A), which effectively makes it region free.

If you want to avoid this problem again, just set that anydvd setting to 'Always Ask'. That way, when you insert a Blu-ray disc (whether the disc has been seen by anydvd before or not), anydvd will always ask for the DISC'S region

Then all you have to do when you insert a disc is to specify the region the disc is FROM, not the region you're located at or where you intend to play it. ALWAYS specify the region where the disc is from and you'll never this problem again.

Oh and threads don't get deleted unless forum rules get broken. This is a genuine anydvd question/problem so it's fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ah i see that now,doesnt anydvd keep the settings you had before u updated,in the update,i always though it-if this works could you just delete this thread please?
Just to clarify: you had AnyDVD set to "always, no matter what, assume any disc you insert is region B".
That is a setting you can use, but then you have to make sure, you really only insert region B discs.

Setting to "automatic" will always work, but with the downside, that in most cases AnyDVD will ask you for the region of a disc.

Third option would be to not remove region coding at all - which should work just as well as "always B" for you, but you'd still have to change the settings temporarily once you insert a disc from a different region.

Back